Glove Arm mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
Considerably less.
Do you believe the glove arm effects the throwing arm? Does the glove elbow effect the direction of the arm which in turn effects the shoulders opening too quickly? Do you believe the sequence of the glove arm compared to the throwing arm should be conciousnessly taught? Do you believe glove arm from 12 o clock is a mirror of the throwing arm?

May 20, 2016
Way my dd is taught is when you come out of the glove both the throwing and glove arms go in same direction (driving elbows up and out) then glove arm stops following throwing arm around 12 o'clock. Follows the same principle as when you jump, do you get better drive throwing both arms or one arm? After glove arm is done tracking ball arm in just falls to the hip but elbow stays pretty right to the body.

If your goal is speed you don’t really have to worry about the glove. However if your goal is accuracy you better know exactly what your stride foot, glove, glove elbow, and front shoulder are doing at FSR so you can adjust to control your destination spot.

Apr 12, 2015
Do you believe the glove arm effects the throwing arm? Does the glove elbow effect the direction of the arm which in turn effects the shoulders opening too quickly? Do you believe the sequence of the glove arm compared to the throwing arm should be conciousnessly taught? Do you believe glove arm from 12 o clock is a mirror of the throwing arm?

No. Yes. No. Yes.

Proper teaching of adduction will solve glove arm problems.

Again, glove swim is a symptom, not a disease.

Jan 28, 2017
Just heard a pc talk about making sure you do not slap your glove on your leg. Just let it swing on by- this will allow you to use your hips better. Thoughts

Nov 8, 2018
Just heard a pc talk about making sure you do not slap your glove on your leg. Just let it swing on by- this will allow you to use your hips better. Thoughts

Letting it swing by doesn’t seem to be good mechanics. I think it would reduce shoulder resistance. And maybe front side too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
Letting it swing by doesn’t seem to be good mechanics. I think it would reduce shoulder resistance. And maybe front side too

Never seen anyone throw that way. I could see where it would help hip rotation but resistance wouldn't be as good. IMO

Nov 8, 2018
Never seen anyone throw that way. I could see where it would help hip rotation but resistance wouldn't be as good. IMO

Agreed. I’ve seen it but In young beginners. Never in advanced pitchers.
I’m not a proponent of slapping the glove. I know some pitchers like the timing of the release. But so do batters.
Chell does not slap. I feel her release is deceptive and her change is unrecognizable when she throws it properly.
And maybe I’m just full of poop.
Lmao.

Jul 31, 2019
One thing she can try is once you drive both arms to the catcher, turn the glove hand thumb in or even down. Its much easier to externally rotate the glove arm out (swim) with your thumb up, then down)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28