Giving seniors an additional year not gonna be easy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Asked the Seniors from the late 60’s that got drafted and went to Vietnam, and who many gave their lives for your daughter to play softball, and now you want to complain and bitch about your seniors missing her senior year of softball. Come on find something really worth bitching about......her life won’t be over. And if you are worried about her playing time next year, take this time to work on her mental game. Because you better hope she doesn’t have your mental attitude.

sorry will get off my soap box......

Wow I hope your daughter doesn’t go from 0 to 100 like YOUR mental attitude. I was trying to give a different perspective from the future of college softball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
I have a DD in college and one in HS, Think a year of eligibility with no fifth year athletic scholarships would be fair for most. Would reward players cheated out of their senior year, that either have good academics going for a graduate degree or a difficult 5 year major and not punish as many current HS players.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Asked the Seniors from the late 60’s that got drafted and went to Vietnam, and who many gave their lives for your daughter to play softball, and now you want to complain and bitch about your seniors missing her senior year of softball. Come on find something really worth bitching about......her life won’t be over. And if you are worried about her playing time next year, take this time to work on her mental game. Because you better hope she doesn’t have your mental attitude.

And quite frankly, you just argued for why the NCAA could have told the students sorry, $hit happens. Whether you are in HS or college, this decision has further downstream ramifications. That’s my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

From one boomer to another. Stop it.

That war was 50 years and 3 wars ago. You can make your point without using the bodies of dead soldiers.

Dec 11, 2010
//snark font on//I need to start a petition to make sure my hs senior gets another year of hs eligibility //snark font off//.

I think a whole lot of college seniors are really, really ready to be done with softball.

And how can D1 college coaches recruit now? Their whole 2020 roster can stay an extra year but will they? Will a 2020 freshman stay after they graduate in 2024? The portal....?

This is a mess.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
How does this work for H.S. seniors that signed there NLI? Is the NLI an official contract that cannot be broken? Is there a contract that states how much money incoming the incoming freshman was guaranteed to receive?

Then you have the current college seniors. I thought their scholarships in P5 conference were relatively guaranteed and the college is not allowed to decrease their current scholarship money. I have a lot of questions and no answers. This just seems like it will be a mess.

The decision to give an extra year of eligibility does not affect my daughter, she is too young. Just trying to understand the money side of this decision.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802