Giving seniors an additional year not gonna be easy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Wow, I find that picture kind of sad actually. Those will be the only happy girls on the team.. I feel bad for the 7 juniors (or other players) who patiently waited for their turn to start.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Wow, I find that picture kind of sad actually. Those will be the only happy girls on the team.. I feel bad for the 7 juniors (or other players) who patiently waited for their turn to start.
Nice to read a view from the bigger picture!

Feb 15, 2017
No to mention the committed high school seniors that committed to Bama.

I know of a pitcher from South Florida that can't be happy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aug 25, 2019
4 years of ripple effect from this. Bama is my alma mater, but I'm glad DD (2022) didn't have her heart set on it.
Is that official, that everyone on a college roster gets an extra year if they want, or is it only for these seniors?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Is that official, that everyone on a college roster gets an extra year if they want, or is it only for these seniors?

DD's college team this year consisted of 18 Freshman, I Sophomore, 1 Junior and 3 Seniors. 2 out of the 3 are returning. Head Coach said everyone on the team gets the extra year. Personally, I can't see the underclassmen sticking around and playing the extra year granted unless they plan on going to Grad school.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So far we can see players taking the opportunity to play another year. How many? Seeing....
3 or 4 or 5 or...7, and 1,&2's here and there.

*It adds up to spots on the team spoken for "again",
Which may prompt players to transfer, and is already.

*Figuring out Budget money, without more money.

*Less recruitment opportunities.
Less spots is less spots.

Add- this summer obviously hardship showcasing and colleges not traveling to go watch.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014

Thanks for sharing the unpopular but very true point of view!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee