GHSA votes to keep full fall schedule, delays football to September

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2016
Story at the moment is that IHSA (Illinois) is working on a plan to push fall sports to spring.

CIF (CA) is delaying the start of all sports until December at the earliest and moving Fall sports to the Spring. Will cause an issue with two sport athletes but trying to rush a start is a recipe for a quick shutdown. Most schools are starting the Fall on-line so makes sense to postpone athletics. Also, there is no longer a dead period and athletes can play on their club team during the HS season.

Apr 28, 2016
Not GHSA, but my daughters play their first game today (GISA). We will see how it and the season goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2015
It is possible the school board realized their plans were unworkable. Requiring kids to wear masks from the time they get on the bus to the time they get off the bus is frankly laughable. Throw in making hallways one-way, eating in the classroom, and a bunch of other restrictions and I don't know how the kids or the teachers would make it through the day.

I feel for those with younger kids trying to do online learning though. It is going to be tough to monitor through the day. Thankfully, my son has graduated and my DD is mature enough to take care of her work with minimal supervision.
Interesting that we think its laughable but my kids 8 and 14 have been doing it for a week now with NO issues. Kids are much more adaptable than we give then credit for

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2017
Georgia
DD HS is GHSA, and we play our first game Saturday. Most of the schools around us have already played something this week. Fingers crossed but I am not holding my breath. Coach is preaching hand washing, sanitizing, self monitoring, and begging to make it to State Playoffs. GHSA has limited spectators to 75 per game with their own chairs and social distancing required. But three days in and the elementary school across from my work made national news for a 2nd grade class already getting shut down :cautious: Idiot parents sent their kid to school AFTER having them tested and BEFORE receiving results.

P.S. My DD is doing the virtual option that the county gave us and then going to practice after school. WAY less exposure, 30 people basically versus 1500. I'll take it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Interesting that we think its laughable but my kids 8 and 14 have been doing it for a week now with NO issues. Kids are much more adaptable than we give then credit for

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DD HS is GHSA, and we play our first game Saturday. Most of the schools around us have already played something this week. Fingers crossed but I am not holding my breath. Coach is preaching hand washing, sanitizing, self monitoring, and begging to make it to State Playoffs. GHSA has limited spectators to 75 per game with their own chairs and social distancing required. But three days in and the elementary school across from my work made national news for a 2nd grade class already getting shut down :cautious: Idiot parents sent their kid to school AFTER having them tested and BEFORE receiving results.

P.S. My DD is doing the virtual option that the county gave us and then going to practice after school. WAY less exposure, 30 people basically versus 1500. I'll take it.
These two posts back to back examples
A family who raises their kids with structure and the kids can handle the guidelines.

Another family who is raising their kids to ignore guidelines and dimolish any chance of structure.

The battle isnt a newer virus.
The battle is an old problem.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
DD's HS team has its first scrimmage today and first real game tomorrow. Unfortunately, she won't be there because she tested positive for COVID on Monday. So, we are quarantined at home. She's feeling fine physically, but is emotionally so bummed to be missing at least 4 or 5 games, especially since the entire season is certainly not guaranteed. It's been one roadblock after another this year and this is not helping her recruiting journey (class of 2022).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478