Ghost vs Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
DD has been swinging a 2018 33/23 Xeno for about a year now. She made a significant jump from a 32/22 slapper bat to the Xeno and has had great success. We are considering purchasing a new bat because she doesn't have a back up in her bag anymore and well...*I* like new gear. It looks like the Ghost is weighing in similar to the Xeno just wanted to have some experts weigh in. She bunts, slaps and hits away - but has not put one over the fence yet (although her batting average and OBP are by far the highest on her team - she is a lead off batter who gets her job done). She is about 5'5" and weighs about 105 - but is pretty strong.

May 12, 2016
Both excellent bats, seeing equal performance on my DD current team. I've seen a couple of girls switch from Ghost to Xeno and one from LXT to Ghost.. can't go wrong either bat

Apr 28, 2019
DD has been swinging a 2018 33/23 Xeno for about a year now. She made a significant jump from a 32/22 slapper bat to the Xeno and has had great success. We are considering purchasing a new bat because she doesn't have a back up in her bag anymore and well...*I* like new gear. It looks like the Ghost is weighing in similar to the Xeno just wanted to have some experts weigh in. She bunts, slaps and hits away - but has not put one over the fence yet (although her batting average and OBP are by far the highest on her team - she is a lead off batter who gets her job done). She is about 5'5" and weighs about 105 - but is pretty strong.
LXT
Xeno
Ghost
Demarini CF Zen

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My DD's had both a 33/23 Blue Ghost and a 33/24 Mizuno PC in their bag this year and a 34/24 Blue Ghost and a 34/24 CFX from last year . They both really liked the feel of the Mizuno's swing and it's overall performance (you saw a dinger from it I believe). If you can find one for her to swing - give it a shot, she may like it. Ask Core for pricing details.

Jun 11, 2012
DD just went from an 2017 Xeno to. 2020 Ghost and really likes it so far. She hasn’t seen game action with it yet though.
She’s also a true lefty who hits, bunts and slaps

Dec 11, 2010
Player that hits with me and plays on a top PGF team had a bag full of top of the line bats. CF, LXT, Prism, Blue Ghost and Rawlings Pro. Xeno was only bat she didn’t swing.

All went to eBay and she is finally swinging only one bat, a ‘20 Ghost.

Oct 4, 2018
Player that hits with me and plays on a top PGF team had a bag full of top of the line bats. CF, LXT, Prism, Blue Ghost and Rawlings Pro. Xeno was only bat she didn’t swing.

All went to eBay and she is finally swinging only one bat, a ‘20 Ghost.

... and that really is what it boils down to.

Try several, pick the best for you. Have confidence and go play ball.

Apr 28, 2019
LXT
Xeno
Ghost
Demarini CF Zen
The 20 Ghost may be the best choice if you go with balanced drop 10 or soon to be released drop 11.
The 20 Ghost is getting better reviews than the 18/19 Ghosts from what I have seen. Close to 5 Stars where the 18/19 were 4 Stars. Worth a demo if possible.

Dec 11, 2010
... and that really is what it boils down to.

Try several, pick the best for you. Have confidence and go play ball.

That is exactly right. There is a right bat for every player. What works for one player won’t necessarily work for the next player.

Try as many as you can. Go with what works for the player.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101