Ghost differences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2019
My DD used her Blue Ghost for a long time. She outgrew it....it didn't break.
I believe this. Even though there were stories of high Blue Ghost breakage rates when the bat was released, there were still large numbers that held up relatively well. DDs H.S dugout still has 3 or 4 in their dugout. If you watch any college games on TV, there are still a lot that being swung by Easton sponsored schools.

Easton is missing a HUGE opportunity here. If they re-released this exact same bat as a "Limited Edition Grey Ghost" (or something like that), they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand.

Oct 4, 2018
I believe this. Even though there were stories of high Blue Ghost breakage rates when the bat was released, there were still large numbers that held up relatively well. DDs H.S dugout still has 3 or 4 in their dugout. If you watch any college games on TV, there are still a lot that being swung by Easton sponsored schools.

Easton is missing a HUGE opportunity here. If they re-released this exact same bat as a "Limited Edition Grey Ghost" (or something like that), they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand.

We have one in the garage in great shape. But can't be used in USSSA tourneys, which is about all we play.

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah I think durability is hit or miss as still have a 31/20 in garage in great shape that could use a home and oldest has a 33/23 in her bag. I know one girl who went through 8 blue ghosts in 2 years and then have multiple girls that never had an issue with theirs.

Oct 10, 2019
we HAVE A 32/ 21 BLUE GHOST bought in 2018 that has gone through two of my DD and still is holding up well.
The same cannot be said for the dual stamp or the ghost advanced that my oldest DD has used. Both broke on back to back at bats for my DD this past weekend. So much for having one as a backup.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is the new DUAL...as I have said before. ADV will be Jan...pics are out what the ADV will
loo like, bit not being released for a while

Easton does every 2 years...not every year like some to just repaint. The composite is diff and the
handle is made to be a bit stiffer. Said to have a little better durabilty with no perf given up. So
maybe the composite is a bit stronger weave.

And please...dont talk about balanced or endload....hahahaha. We all know how that goes...then
everybody complains they are overweight for the 20th year...hahahaha. I am waiting
to have them before talking about weight :)

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
Curious if anyone has recent experience on how long it’s taking Easton to send replacements? My oldest DDs advanced has cracked. Was hoping that it would make it through to the end of this season or even a little longer until she was ready to bump up in size. Just waiting on the RMA email from them. She’s not playing for at least another 2 weeks but maybe longer with a concussion unfortunately. Trying to figure out if I should plan on ordering a new one and selling the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Curious if anyone has recent experience on how long it’s taking Easton to send replacements? My oldest DDs advanced has cracked. Was hoping that it would make it through to the end of this season or even a little longer until she was ready to bump up in size. Just waiting on the RMA email from them. She’s not playing for at least another 2 weeks but maybe longer with a concussion unfortunately. Trying to figure out if I should plan on ordering a new one and selling the replacement.

Had RMA email within 2 hours of submittal.

Warranty replacement shipped within 2 days of Easton receipt.

Should be under 8-10 days total turn around time.

May 6, 2015

how bad is it cracked. DDs GA has some slight cracks, still using it, and it seems as hot as ever (she was about 8 feet shy of first HR this past weekend, ended up as a GR double). we have the RMA, but told her she is using it until it seems to die, or it explodes, or it is kicked out of a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812