Ghost and other two piece bat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
I think this may be what the OP is talking about. We only noticed because it wasn't popping off the bat like normal. It wouldnt twist but was easy to move. When I would take pressure off it would close up. Easton replaced it. The one she is using now has some flex but not as much but is still hot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304_164433_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230304_164433_Gallery.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 26

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think this may be what the OP is talking about. We only noticed because it wasn't popping off the bat like normal. It wouldnt twist but was easy to move. When I would take pressure off it would close up. Easton replaced it. The one she is using now has some flex but not as much but is still hot.
The post is from 2019 :)

Honestly, what your pic shows is really nothing. Anytime you manually bend a bat, you will have a space there
as the rubber isnt connected to the bat. A two piece bat will move. If it bends too much, you have a crack starting.

What you can do is carefully roll the rubber piece down and you can look right at the connection.
Then flex the bat and see if there is a crack there. Dont mistake the glue line for a crack. But you will
see a crack if its there as it will be noticed better when you flex the bat a little.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2012
Funny that this resurfaced. DD texted me last night that her Ghost broke (of course out of warranty). First ghost cracked, this one developed a rattle and a heck of a lot of flex. Her last hit with it her coach said it looked like it bent. She hit one more ball off of a tee and said it was pretty close to splitting in to 2 pieces.
I was hoping that it would last the season since she’s a 5th year college student. 😢😢

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom