Ghost and other two piece bat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 15, 2018
Yes it is normal. It will loosen up with use. My DD’s 2019 ghost has a ton of hits and it quite loose at the connection . Her 2020 is still tight.

Older zeno’s and lxts we have similar movement at those connections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
[Umpire looks askew, grunts]

In my completely informal and unsanctioned training ... no. A two-piece bat should have some “flex”. You should not be able to move the two components independently. I was trained to throw that bat out. I was trained that if it wobbles independently (I can feel the barrel move and stop, move and stop, independent of the handle) or of you can “shift it” by hand, then the connection is damaged.

NOW ... I have no idea if that is right since NOBODY will go on record one way or the other — not the sanctioning bodies and certainly not the bat manufacturers. NOBODY will say yes or no. Other than the parents and coaches who really don’t care about safety concerns as long as Little Suzy swings it hot.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
JJ, questions like this are tough without knowing exactly what do you mean by moving easily? Do you mean you can flex
it easily? or are you saying you can hold the handle and barrel and turn them opposite each other and it moves a lot?
There is going to be slight play in two piece bats when they get lots of use. If you mean the latter, yes, the bat will slightly move
opposite from the other with use...should you be able to turn it a quarter turn opposite the handle, no...haha. And it will flex
more with use as well.

But what whatever ump allow, that's up to the ump and their interpretations.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That is normal to flex easily with use...and that rubber thing is nothing but a cover so the "gap" there means nothing
as the rubber isn't attached to the connection to stretch over that whole area. So when you flex the bat, the rubber piece obviously wont cover the entire space when that space is flexed and bigger.

Mar 1, 2018
JJ, I'm not sure if our recent issue is similar but my DD's 2020 Ghost developed what I would call a "wobble" at the flex point. I could hold the bat handle, shake the bat and I could feel the barrel wobbling. We sent it in to Easton and was replaced without question.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Thanks for the replies. The reason I am bringing this up is she feels the ball is not coming off the bat like it used to. I just ordered her another 2018 Ghost, should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
JJ, I'm not sure if our recent issue is similar but my DD's 2020 Ghost developed what I would call a "wobble" at the flex point. I could hold the bat handle, shake the bat and I could feel the barrel wobbling. We sent it in to Easton and was replaced without question.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Vindication? 😁

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, and still didn't fly apart and kill everybody on the field...guess there is more that holds 2 piece bats together
that just elmers glue :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802