GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Ok, DD and I did some testing last night to see for ourseves what would be some exit speed info on a large group of bats we have accumulated. But for here I will say the two bats are very similar. Sounds are different. The knob on the advanced is smaller and rubber coated, not as small as the rocketflex by Mr Anderson but close. For our tests lol, set up a tee four feet from the screen, set up a ball coach pocket radar 4 feet behind the screen on a tripod. Used the same 4 used balls for every set, and rotated bats. The ghost advanced beat the 2020 dual by .1 mph. 76.8 to 76.7. Peak for the advanced was 83 mph, and peak for the dual was 82 mph. just a sample size of 45 swings each, throwing out top 3 and bottom 3. Not super scientific but it works. Not alot of difference between many of the top bats. DD just turned 15, 5'10- 220lbs swinging all 34 inch bats

Feb 15, 2017
No offense, but I just got a Blue Ghost brand new for $175 on Amazon.

Saw about a half dozen in Dicks this weekend for $149.99. Seems to have fallen out of favor.

On topic - another vote for the DS. Several girls on DDs team have blue and DS and they ALL prefer the DS, including DD. Could be that it feels more balanced. I was impressed initially with DDs but now that she has it good and broke in you can really hear the explosion of the double barrels consistently every ball. She is hitting absolute bombs now compared to any other bat. Has demoed the advanced and pocket radar showed 2-3mph slower exit speeds. I’m betting it was because that bat had the wrapper peeled off about 6 girls in front of her. Can’t wait to hear more after things even out, but right now no way am I paying 100 smacks more for the Adv over the DS.

Apr 28, 2019
Saw about a half dozen in Dicks this weekend for $149.99. Seems to have fallen out of favor.

On topic - another vote for the DS. Several girls on DDs team have blue and DS and they ALL prefer the DS, including DD. Could be that it feels more balanced. I was impressed initially with DDs but now that she has it good and broke in you can really hear the explosion of the double barrels consistently every ball. She is hitting absolute bombs now compared to any other bat. Has demoed the advanced and pocket radar showed 2-3mph slower exit speeds. I’m betting it was because that bat had the wrapper peeled off about 6 girls in front of her. Can’t wait to hear more after things even out, but right now no way am I paying 100 smacks more for the Adv over the DS.

My

My observations on the Ghost line. The 2018 ASA Ghost was a top notch performer. It was borderline defective. Too many people were going through 3-5 bats a year to tell me otherwise.
The 2019 USSSA Ghost was not as good as the 18 Ghost performance wise. Still a good performer but not at the top of the heap. Haven’t seen/heard much about the durability aspect of this bat.
The 2020 Ghost DS is a better bat than the 18 & 19 versions. The 2020 Dual Stamp has a bigger sweet spot, it’s more forgiving, is just as responsive as the 18, and is probably a little heavier in most cases.
The 2020 Advanced is still a question mark? We have three 2020 bats. The Ghost DS, Ghost Advanced, and Quatro Pro.
We haven’t been able to really get into serious tee work, front toss to break in the GA & QP yet. We will soon and then I can relay my impressions.
My DD’s first impression just holding the GA is that it feels heavy.
From a purely aesthetic view the 19 LXT & 2020 Quatro Pro get my vote.

Dec 11, 2010
DD is starting to get enough swings on the Advanced that I am starting to form an opinion.

I only have observations. No science or exit speeds. Won’t be any either... long story for another day.

I was not all that impressed at first, thought it was pretty much same as her blue ghosts. However, as she has put some tee swings on it it really looks like the ball is coming off it really good.

Still haven’t hit any front toss. No reason for that, we have been doing machine in between tee and front toss and she forgets to switch back to Adv after she hits machine.

Pretty sure we are going to put this away for a few months until game day.

Oct 4, 2018
We finally got to a store with a Hit Trax and hit a few bats. Exit Velocity:

Ghost Advanced 32 drop 11 -- 54 mph
Demarini 2020 CF -- 32 drop 10 -- 54 mph
Demarini Prism -- 32 drop 10 -- 53 mph
LS 2020 LXT -- 32 drop 10 -- 52 mph
Ghost Advanced 32 drop 9 -- 52 mph
LS 2018 LXT -- 31 drop 11 -- 51 mph (HER CURRENT BAT)

Sad thing is, we were there specifically to try the Ghost Advanced 32 drop 10. And they didn't have it. Even after I called in the day before and they said they did. :(

So, I'm thinking the Ghost Advanced 32 drop 10 is the way to go. Based on the data above, can anyone weigh in on that? Makes sense, yes? For what it's worth, it was her favorite.

Mar 7, 2016
We finally got to a store with a Hit Trax and hit a few bats. Exit Velocity:

Ghost Advanced 32 drop 11 -- 54 mph
Demarini 2020 CF -- 32 drop 10 -- 54 mph
Demarini Prism -- 32 drop 10 -- 53 mph
LS 2020 LXT -- 32 drop 10 -- 52 mph
Ghost Advanced 32 drop 9 -- 52 mph
LS 2018 LXT -- 31 drop 11 -- 51 mph (HER CURRENT BAT)

Sad thing is, we were there specifically to try the Ghost Advanced 32 drop 10. And they didn't have it. Even after I called in the day before and they said they did. :(

So, I'm thinking the Ghost Advanced 32 drop 10 is the way to go. Based on the data above, can anyone weigh in on that? Makes sense, yes? For what it's worth, it was her favorite.

my daughter is swinging the 33 drop 10. We have blast metric data on several bats. everything from blue ghost, gold ghost, xeno, 2020 ghost, and lxts. So far the only metric not performing above the rest was bat speed. Which is too be expected in the beginning going up a size. Even with the drop in speed her exit velocities are higher.

Dec 11, 2010
I don’t know- it looks like she favors a more balanced bat. I might stick with Adv -11.

Still, don’t think you can go wrong with Adv -10.

Would be nice to see her adjustability with each and how early she has to commit to her swing with game like front toss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812