GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2019
yeah that is a big step up only because the 33/23 ghost is really 24 ounces, the DeMarini was maybe 31 ounces, so a 3 ounce increase is huge for girls. Hopefully she can handle it and it performs well for her.
We had her try every 32 and 33 available, and actually asked them to bring in two more. I made her demo brand new bats in the same size as her old bat, made her switch them up. I hope it works out.

Apr 28, 2019
man look at the handle....getting closer and closer to the axe bat philosophy...

anyone swinging one of these compare it to the old stealth speed? Looks a lot like that to me but I'm sure there's newer tech in this.
man look at the handle....getting closer and closer to the axe bat philosophy...

anyone swinging one of these compare it to the old stealth speed? Looks a lot like that to me but I'm sure there's newer tech in this.
Stealth Retro Speed was a good bat. Until it broke of course. Typical Easton I guess. Hopefully the Advanced is better/tougher material than other Ghost models.

Dec 11, 2010
BEA39E69-0C31-4F33-8DC2-63CD6718359C.jpeg

Yes I have! And note the WW Custom Hollow Hockeytape grip!

This is a 33 -9 and it was identical in weight and balance to a 33 -8 2018 Ghost. It is good but she prefers the sound of an outer wall slamming into an inner wall.

And let me tell you, a real Stealth Speed ain’t no Retread Speed, lol!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
A bit of nostalgia here, a player whose parents I worked with loved that bat. She swung a -8 and I believe it was a 34.

When she would really get a hold of an inside pitch on their home field she would rip It over the fence, over the lawn chair people in left field, over all for lanes of 41st Avenue against the insurance company building lol!

She went on to have a pretty stellar college career. I saw her win a playoff college game hacking at riseballs until she absolutely JACKED one way on out into the lot. It was an incredible sports moment.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No older Easton Stealth was any joke...those things combined huge durability and insane performance. But hence the problem...haha.
Most that had the insane performance never would pass the compression...haha. Those bats just keep getting hotter
and hotter and never stopped.
Same thing with the slowpitch Extended and Flex...but there were other reasons for that as well.

Apr 28, 2019
No older Easton Stealth was any joke...those things combined huge durability and insane performance. But hence the problem...haha.
Most that had the insane performance never would pass the compression...haha. Those bats just keep getting hotter
and hotter and never stopped.
Same thing with the slowpitch Extended and Flex...but there were other reasons for that as well.
Core- How do you feel the 2020 QPro endload would stack-up against the GA? The Ghosts are just plain heavy not end loaded per say.
Is the QPro overweight as well or is it more of a case of just closer to stated weight but more mass down closer to the sweet spot?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
QPro endload is also overweight by like an ounce...kinda think that's how they get the endload.

And yes, I agree, I don't consider the Ghost or ADV endloaded, just heavier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802