GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
DD swung hers yesterday for the first time. Front toss in the cage with her TB coach. Her first comment was "it sounds really good". She said the weight distribution felt a lot like the dual stamp. She didn't notice less vibration but she's never been one to complain about that with bats. She says it "feels" better than the dual stamp overall and she thought she hit it better. Her coach told her she looked better in the cage this week (working on knocking the rust off).

Keep in mind she put three over this fall with the dual stamp and loves that bat.

May 16, 2016
DD Swung her new Ghost Advanced yesterday. 33" drop 9. In the cage, it seem louder than her xeno. Seems to have good pop right out of wrapper. She said it has a larger sweet spot. Bottom line, the xeno has probably seen it's last at bat.

Dec 11, 2019
We just got a 33/23 for our DD. She has a 31/21 demarini cfx she is growing out of. We were recommended a heavier bat than a -10, but couldn't find a place to demo one. Once she had a chance to demo a bat 2" longer at the same drop, she felt she had all the bat she needed. I hope that is the case!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We just got a 33/23 for our DD. She has a 31/21 demarini cfx she is growing out of. We were recommended a heavier bat than a -10, but couldn't find a place to demo one. Once she had a chance to demo a bat 2" longer at the same drop, she felt she had all the bat she needed. I hope that is the case!

2" and 2 oz is a big step. If she feels good with it, that's a good sign. :)

Jun 6, 2018

yeah that is a big step up only because the 33/23 ghost is really 24 ounces, the DeMarini was maybe 31 ounces, so a 3 ounce increase is huge for girls. Hopefully she can handle it and it performs well for her.

Nov 21, 2017
My DD is in 16U but only 5'2" 110lbs speedster but not a slapper, and is using the 2018 Blue Ghost -11, which is working still great these past 1.5 yrs. I am thinking of upgrading, but I read that the -11 Adv has a smaller barrel than a -10 Adv, and are almost 1 oz heavier. Is that correct? Also has anyone tried the -11? Should i move her to the -10, for the bigger barrel and sweet spot? Will it be too heavy?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Nothing has changed though Dax, the Blue drop11s were smaller than the 10s by a little bit. Same for the 2020 Ghost
and same for the ADV.
Also, same as before, all Ghosts were an ounce over as is the same with the 2020 and the ADV. Now, to spin that in one
more direction, if you got an early Blue when they first came out, you could have gotten lucky and got one close to sticker
for a drop10...BUT all drop11s were well overweight as well.

The 2020 and ADV are good bats, cant go wrong with either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812