GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
The Demarini Prism is Wilson's attempt to compete with the Ghost.
Why is that because of the “gap technology”? The FNX would be a better rival to the Ghost. Heavier like the Ghost.
Prism really should be aimed at LXT, PC, and supposedly lighter/balanced Ghost Advanced.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Why is that because of the “gap technology”? The FNX would be a better rival to the Ghost. Heavier like the Ghost.
Prism really should be aimed at LXT, PC, and supposedly lighter/balanced Ghost Advanced.

Yes. "Gap technology" is a marketing term for a double-wall barrel, similar to the Ghost.

Dec 26, 2019
The 31" FNX we tested carried only 57% weight on the big end. 31" 2018 Ghost is 64%.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Demar never made a real endload, dont care what name you throw on it...Insane, FNX or whatever.
They were endloaded compared to the regular CF...because they were sooooo balanced. But they
werent real endloads compared to other bats. Pick up an Insane/FNX and then pick up a QPro endload, you will see quite a difference.

Dec 17, 2019
My 11 year old has a 30" Miken Freak and a 30" black 2015 LXT, I wish-wish-wish I could get those two bats in a 31" now!

Apr 28, 2019
Demar never made a real endload, dont care what name you throw on it...Insane, FNX or whatever.
They were endloaded compared to the regular CF...because they were sooooo balanced. But they
werent real endloads compared to other bats. Pick up an Insane/FNX and then pick up a QPro endload, you will see quite a difference.
I understand what your saying apples/oranges. I figured she likes the Ghost so much that maybe it has something to do with inner/double barrel. I wanted to have her try the Prism because it’s more balanced and lighter than Ghost and may be a nice complement to the Ghost.
Plus we don’t like hollow feel/sound of CF series. So I figured the Prism may be a good choice for the right price.
I targeted 3 balanced bats. The PC, QP & Prism. The Prism always eventually took off on auction, the QP was luke warm, and PC’s just died in the block.
I could have gotten a PC for less than QP but after all the mixed reviews I passed on it. I think the QP will be just fine.

Apr 28, 2019
My 11 year old has a 30" Miken Freak and a 30" black 2015 LXT, I wish-wish-wish I could get those two bats in a 31" now!
Both outstanding sticks! I’m sure you could find them from some fool trying to get 5 bills out of them.
There was a poster on this site a few months back that had a lightly used Freak for sale. It may have been a 32” though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28