GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm not a bat vendor. I just do bat service locally. We have a 2018 and 2019 Ghost that still make good power. We can't use Easton now due to a marketing partnership. The Advanced I have is a demo from a dealer for me to weigh.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to figure out the differences between the two models:)

Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to figure out the differences between the two models:)
Is anybody seriously considering buying this new Ghost?
From what I understand the Advanced was supposed to be lighter and more balanced to take some market share away from the LXT.
Initial feedback thus far suggests it’s slightly lighter than dual stamp non advanced Ghost. New composite, bigger sweet spot, new end cap, more user friendly smaller knob.
Not sure $450 is a good investment at this point.
I grabbed a 2019 LXT & 2020 Quatro Pro recently for $89 a piece with warranty.
I think I did damn good but DD already mentioned something about Ghost Advanced. Maybe next season.

Jul 31, 2019
When trying to understand which bats have the best “pop”, wouldn’t the USSSA and USA/ASA certification test results answer that question? If so, is that information available?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Is anybody seriously considering buying this new Ghost?
From what I understand the Advanced was supposed to be lighter and more balanced to take some market share away from the LXT.
Initial feedback thus far suggests it’s slightly lighter than dual stamp non advanced Ghost. New composite, bigger sweet spot, new end cap, more user friendly smaller knob.
Not sure $450 is a good investment at this point.
I grabbed a 2019 LXT & 2020 Quatro Pro recently for $89 a piece with warranty.
I think I did damn good but DD already mentioned something about Ghost Advanced. Maybe next season.

I'm not...at least until DD breaks both of her current ones. That said, I try to keep current on what's out there, what tech's behind it and how it performs. As far as taking market share away, the past Ghost model, had it been dual stamped, would have decimated Wilson. As it stands with just the single stamp past Ghost models, the main reason people shied away from them was because...well...they were single stamped and they didn't want to spend an additional $350 to play a different sanction. Even the single stamp Ghosts have done far more damage to Wilson's market share than Wilson either wants to admit to nor likes. Now that the dual stamp is out, I can see the current hesitation from previous wanta-be buyers biting the bullet and actually getting one. Maybe this will force Wilson to finally invest in some new tech instead of tweaks and repaint like it has for the past 7 years.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
I'm not...at least until DD breaks both of her current ones. That said, I try to keep current on what's out there, what tech's behind it and how it performs. As far as taking market share away, the past Ghost model, had it been dual stamped, would have decimated Wilson. As it stands with just the single stamp past Ghost models, the main reason people shied away from them was because...well...they were single stamped and they didn't want to spend an additional $350 to play a different sanction. Even the single stamp Ghosts have done far more damage to Wilson's market share than Wilson either wants to admit to nor likes. Now that the dual stamp is out, I can see the current hesitation from previous wanta-be buyers biting the bullet and actually getting one. Maybe this will force Wilson to finally invest in some new tech instead of tweaks and repaint like it has for the past 7 years.
I agree with most of what you said. I would add the 18/19 Ghost had durability issues to the point one could say on the precipice of being defective.
Very responsive while they were usable. Sluggers are more durable/better quality IMO. Maybe behind in tech to a degree but no doubt more reliable.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I agree with most of what you said. I would add the 18/19 Ghost had durability issues to the point one could say on the precipice of being defective.
Very responsive while they were usable. Sluggers are more durable/better quality IMO. Maybe behind in tech to a degree but no doubt more reliable.

I would agree with the 18/19's having some issues. I guess it depends which day it rolled off the line...Monday or Friday you're screwed 😁 Any other day you were fine.

That said, DD has had 2 2018's since they first came out, uses one solely for practice the past 2 1/2 years of college ball and the other for games after she took the minimum time to break it in while practicing. Never had a problem with either.

I'm not saying others haven't had problems, just that DD hasn't nor have the several others on her team that have the 18 or 19 model.

As I'm sure you know, the thinner the material on the barrel, the hotter the bat. That's why LS and Demarini are a tad more durable since the material is thicker. That's also why they don't have the pop of a Ghost.

I'm seriously hoping Wilson pulls a rabbit out of their hat soon. The LXT was one of the best bats made until the Ghosts came out as far as pop goes IMO.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
I would agree with the 18/19's having some issues. That said, DD has had 2 2018's since they first came out, uses one solely for practice the past 2 1/2 years of college ball and the other for games after she took the minimum time to break it in while practicing. Never had a problem with either.

I'm not saying others haven't had problems, just that DD hasn't nor have the several others on her team that have the 18 or 19 model.

As I'm sure you know, the thinner the material on the barrel, the hotter the bat. That's why LS and Demarini are a tad more durable since the material is thicker. That's also why they don't have the pop of a Ghost.

I'm seriously hoping Wilson pulls a rabbit out of their hat soon. The LXT was one of the best bats made until the Ghosts came out as far as pop goes IMO.
I don’t believe the Ghost is that much ahead of the Sluggers. I would say like A & 1A. One of my DD’s uses both the 2020 Ghost an 18 Xeno as her game bats. It was the 18 Ghost & Xeno until the Ghost cracked in several places. She still uses the 18 Ghost for BP and can’t say enough good things about it. I think it’s a feel & sound thing with her.
Performance wise she does well with all her bats. I just have a feeling the Ghost will fail at some point. Almost every Easton bat we’ve owned has broken. The Retro Speed, the Stealth & Ghost. The one exception was 16 Mako.
I believe the LXT is still the best bat in Fastpitch. It’s very versatile and pretty much everybody can use it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

The Demarini Prism is Wilson's attempt to compete with the Ghost.

Dec 26, 2019
It's a team marketing deal with Wilson. We had to park the Ghosts.
With another partner's help, every girl on our 12U team got a new 2019 Prizm for Christmas 2018. They take time to start working and usually work best before they break. Our 2018 Insane works better.
We tried the 2019 LXT. It's a great piece with tons of power available. Weighs an ounce over advertised. Probably buy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802