GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The Demarini Prism is Wilson's attempt to compete with the Ghost.

Everything I've heard about this bat isn't good. Examples: 'It takes a lot more time to break in, it can't compete pop-wise until just before it breaks, quality control issues, breaks at the connection point, breaks quickly, high return rate'...It runs the gamut. I don't know what's true or not but it sounds an awful lot like the introduction of the Ghost minus the NIW pop issues and breaking at the connection point.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Your just so clever Eric F.

It's not about being "clever", it's about paying attention to the human factors that are involved, and how important they are to a hitter's mentality in the box. Why does your DD prefer the Ghost and Xeno over other bats? You actually already answered the question..."feel and sound". Those things matter.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not to mention both those bats are overweight, so maybe someone who likes those bats, doesn't like balanced. So when
you recommend a bat to someone, you take that into consideration. Or if you recommend a balanced bat to one of those
kids, you recommend a drop9 to get the same effect of weight. But that's just my assumption of what you do Eric :)

Same reason why sometimes I recommend a drop11 to ghost buyers to get the more balanced feel.

Apr 28, 2019
Not to mention both those bats are overweight, so maybe someone who likes those bats, doesn't like balanced. So when
you recommend a bat to someone, you take that into consideration. Or if you recommend a balanced bat to one of those
kids, you recommend a drop9 to get the same effect of weight. But that's just my assumption of what you do Eric :)

Same reason why sometimes I recommend a drop11 to ghost buyers to get the more balanced feel.
That’s what I was getting at Core. You need a starting point. An LXT covers all the bases as you explained above.
To just say the bat you feel most confident with is just too vague and really no help.
It’s like saying any glove you can catch with is the glove for YOU.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
I don't understand the $449.95 price point for the Advanced. Seems to me that it's going to be in direct competition with other more balanced "barrel tech" type bats like the RXT/LXT, Prism, Power Carbon, Quatro Pro, etc. that are all well below $400. I get the feeling sales might languish unless it's discounted heavily. Time will tell.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Balanced has nothing to do with price point, don't think this is trying to compete with anybody...seems
they are almost pricing to be with the baseball ADV. And I think its going to lag in sales as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee