GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Maybe Core can find me a lighter 32 drop 10.

Ghost Advanced 32/21 (2020).....AW 23.0 - 23.1 oz
Ghost Advanced 32/22 (2020).....AW 23.5 oz

You're about right there...drop11s are more over than the drop10s. But I doubt there are going to be
many "light" drop 10s. Of course I can keep weighing.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD is starting to get enough swings on the Advanced that I am starting to form an opinion.

I only have observations. No science or exit speeds. Won’t be any either... long story for another day.

I was not all that impressed at first, thought it was pretty much same as her blue ghosts. However, as she has put some tee swings on it it really looks like the ball is coming off it really good.

you sir, are on my level of tech-iness :)

Dec 11, 2010
I REALLY thought “the ball REALLY looks like it is coming off it REALLY good” would draw more comments, lol

I typed that, laughed maniacally to myself and thought, “nah, don’t change it”.

Oct 4, 2018
Tried out the new Ghost Advanced off the tee tonight.

Thanks Core!!!

It arrived a few days ago but my DD broke her foot and is just now back to 100%. Bat looks fabulous and she loves it. Swing was better than I thought it would be after 5 weeks off. Virtual hitting lessons start next week.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
All you Ghost Advanced users.......any updates to share on its performance. I am trying to decide on the Advance and the regular dual stamp. Leaning toward regular dual stamp as I have seen it a ton on the fields with my own eyes. I have not seen the Ghost Advance however and many of the reviews I saw was that it cracked often. Of course, you can find bad reviews on any product.

Please share......

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
Between my two daughters we have two dual stamps and one advanced. My younger daughter has cracked both dual stamps. My older daugher’s advanced has held up so far. We have several girls swinging the advanced in our org and haven’t heard of any cracking yet. They both seem to have similar pop.

Sep 8, 2015
All you Ghost Advanced users.......any updates to share on its performance. I am trying to decide on the Advance and the regular dual stamp. Leaning toward regular dual stamp as I have seen it a ton on the fields with my own eyes. I have not seen the Ghost Advance however and many of the reviews I saw was that it cracked often. Of course, you can find bad reviews on any product.

Please share......

My kid loves it. I’m so/so on it. Liked the F19 better, but in the end, my opinion doesn’t matter. It’s what works in her hand and head.

I will say I discovered a crack in the connection this past weekend. She has continued to swing it as we are in the middle of a 3 week tourney run.

The ball is still jumping off it. I’m just waiting for it to snap in half and hoping we catch it on video. Already have the Warranty claim done. Just waiting for the right time to ship.
2569C543-9B31-4BA0-B4DF-FEB445116278.png

Dec 11, 2010
DD didn’t have the dual stamp, she went from the grey ghost straight to the advanced.

It was good to her, hit it in practice all winter (started using it some time in February) and all summer in tb and practice. It had some suspicious cracks on it that honestly could have been paint cracks. She would have kept using it but I warranty returned it when she went to college, (a Louisville/Wilson school).

That bat had a lot of swings on it. It was her practice bat and game bat, and she hit around three weeknights per week and then either a tournament or one more hitting session on weekends. This included hitting machine balls. (I’m not saying hitting machine balls is ok. I’m just saying it’s what we did.)

She is currently swinging a LXT. She says she has a hard time finding the sweet spot. I pitched front toss to her when she was home, she seemed to hit the LXT at least as well as the advanced but she wouldn’t agree, lol

Wanted to add one more thing- she wasn’t happy with any Ghost she swung until she beat the barrel half mushy. She didn’t think they were broke in until that happened, which seemed to start at around 200 swings. I could hear the difference and had a pretty good idea when she would be happy enough with it to swing it in a game. I think a lot of players don’t give them a chance if that’s the feel they were looking for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598