GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Maybe slightly off-topic here, but... Now that we are a few years into the Ghost line of bats, is it the consensus that the 2018 ASA (blue) was the best of the bunch?

I haven't been following the softball forums over the past year so I haven't been able to read every bit of info/opinion out there, but my observation has been that the good "hitters" have gradually moved to Louisville Sluggers since Easton began "improving" the Ghost every model year.

Good question.

I hear that a lot, yes.

We've had most of them and prefer the Ghost Advanced. But I'm 99% sure that's because they've improved their hitting a lot in the last few years, and in the most recent year their game swings have been on the Ghost Advanced.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Good question.

I hear that a lot, yes.

We've had most of them and prefer the Ghost Advanced. But I'm 99% sure that's because they've improved their hitting a lot in the last few years, and in the most recent year their game swings have been on the Ghost Advanced.

I agree. While my DD loves her Advanced, she says there is not a huge difference in performance. She does really like the knob way more on the Advanced because she wraps her pinky around it and the smaller size is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
My DD still prefers her blue ghost but after 3 years it finally cracked the carbon and is peeling apart. its has been cycled down to her batting cage bat and she is actively trying to break it in half. Game day bat is the Advance that she likes better than the original dual stamp.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think a lot of the people saying the Blue Ghost is hotter is in peoples minds. "Hitting
is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical".

And the USSSA Ghost def wasnt as hot until you put a few swings on it. I still dont think the
USSSA Ghost was as good as the Blue even with swings. I dont think the Blue is any hotter
than the ADV or Dual

just my opinion

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
I think a lot of the people saying the Blue Ghost is hotter is in peoples minds. "Hitting
is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical".

And the USSSA Ghost def wasnt as hot until you put a few swings on it. I still dont think the
USSSA Ghost was as good as the Blue even with swings. I dont think the Blue is any hotter
that the ADV or Dual

just my opinion
Now that I am paying more attention, I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of college women still swinging the Blue Ghost. Being with Easton sponsored schools, they can obviously be swinging the newest models but they are electing to use bats that they most likely purchased on their own 3 years ago. Like you said though, it's probably mental.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I mean, 2 years ago there was a girl using the old orange and white mako (it looked like it had
10K swings on it). Its all what your comfy with. How many diff year CFs do you see or older LXTs
in college. Its al comfort...creatures of habit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802