getting to an inexperienced pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
So...is the league instructional or competitive? If it's instructional how much instruction is going on when you're trying to get the other team's pitcher to walk your hitters? Not much.

The other coach certainly missed the point of instructional league as well. But that doesn't mean you have to roll around in the mud with him just to win. Do the right things and they'll pay off in the long run.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
MAV - one way to think about rec league is..... instructional! I WORK with Pitchers from the teams I've COMPETED AGAINST! (Batters also!) I let their players into my batting sessions and I have some pitchers come to my house to help them do better, so MY frame of thought is I want EVERY SINGLE girl playing to do well, and let the circumstances of the game determine the outcome, and I NEVER want to see pitchers walking batters in rec league. (Fairness to you is I HAVE rooted quietly to myself for that walk when we needed runners as opposed to a strike out, but NOW I've taken the attitude that I want to SWING at Strikes to have my girls get hits.. THATS more important to me....), SAME as we work with girls that play for OTHER High Schools against us, and you hope they do well and just hope to hit them enough to win!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812