Getting started on time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Like to use 'stride foot starts moving forward at release' and practice it in the on deck circle and in the dugout when in the hole.

Getting timing down on deck in extremely important. unfortunately players my DD age at 9 have a tendency to just flail away with bat randomly etc.

I like that cue forward at release, just depends on the individual and the speed of their gather. What I think many find hard to understand is that as a hitter you don't change the speed of your gather. A lot of younger players make that mistake. Instead they need to change WHEN they start.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Had a group of 10 U that really liked 'get my mind right' and the hand clapping when ball is caught :p

The timing station drill seemed to really help.

- 6th Tool Player Hitting Clinic

- Hitting Clinic • Timing Station

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, more or less move out should start at release. Hence, since different hitters have different gathers, when they START their gather (which I think was the implied topic of the post) will be different...

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Yes, more or less move out should start at release. Hence, since different hitters have different gathers, when they START their gather (which I think was the implied topic of the post) will be different...
I have them start their gather timing the pitcher's stride foot moving forward stressing the gather needs to be the same each time. What do you all look for?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee