Getting started on time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Not if you are gathering or Loading properly. You would have a pause, if the hitter doesn't understand the gather/load. It should be a continuous process. IMO
Totally agree. But the brain is smart. It knows when gather/load may have occurred too early. Could be the hitter just wasn’t comfortable moving early. Just something I’ve dealt with in the past. Ken has a good post on here in his tips about getting moving too early.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
So to help everyone out the best, what age group and how to we specifically show them timing? 🌟

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
So to help everyone out the best, what age group and how to we specifically show them timing? 🌟
i am just looking at my DD's age with is 9. I think the reason many kids her age have a problem with timing, and especially early and slow, is because unless they were taught, the do not know basic hitting sequence and how to get to the launch position. If they understood that, i think it will help them to develop timing.

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
This is going to take some work. 😅

Starting with the youngest through the oldest, how do we put his words into a teaching tool for the skill set needed for the kids to be successful in the fast pitch game?

Should this even be part of the conversation with the youngest players?

- How To Pick Up the Ball Better

- Hitting Advice - Yes, Yes, No

- Improving Your Timing as a Hitter

- Tips to Improve your Timing!

- How To Get Your Timing Down

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
It''s great when various individuals say the same things in different ways - finally something clicks and when the student is ready, the teacher appears.

- EliteBaseball.TV -Timing

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It''s great when various individuals say the same things in different ways - finally something clicks and when the student is ready, the teacher appears.

- EliteBaseball.TV -Timing

Great timing with this video! Tonight's lesson with DD was focused on the timing of her forward move. Her homework assignment for tomorrow will be to watch this video.

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Great timing with this video! Tonight's lesson with DD was focused on the timing of her forward move. Her homework assignment for tomorrow will be to watch this video.
Don't know if you got to see post #22. A fine job done in the timing analysis also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478