Getting sponsorships

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
Its that time of year again. Trying to find sponsers for our traveling ball team. Do you all have any tips or tricks on getting a sponser?

Jul 31, 2015
Do you have any parents on the team who own their own business? How about employers of the parents, esp large companies?

May 6, 2015
in my experience, large companies (ie multiple locations, quite possible in several states), are actually probably less likely to sponsor a team rather than a local rec organization, than say a mid sized or smaller company.

Jun 7, 2020
Some parents work for multi billion dollar company's. They wont sponser. One parent has their own company. They will sponser. Most resturants around here just blow us off. Well actually most businesses do just that. Some businesses have no solicitation signs hung up. What really burns me is that the local businesses that we support and shop at wont even support a local team.

Apr 28, 2014
Try snapraise
I was a skeptic until our HS used it. We raised $19k in 3 weeks. Girls provide a minimum of 25 email addresses of friends, families. Teachers etc..up to as many as they like. The company sets up a group funding page and films a quick video of the team asking for support. They then email the entire list with a link to the page with the video and place to donate. They also give you the address to share on social media.
I was blown away with the support the team received. We had a goal of $5k beat that in the first day. Our area is by no means affluent. The average donation was $33. The site does take a portion of the funds. I imagine you could do a go fund me instead, but snap raise does all the work and sends you a check. They also allow you to post up items for sale (Logo T Shirts hats, all good add on's to raise more funds).

Jan 14, 2020
We have a hot list of companies that have sponsored in the past. Look large companies that have independent sellers, like seed companies or equipment companies. In our neck of the woods, those are the companies that drop a nice check. A lot of our hot list former players had parents or relatives that owned/worked. Go Fund Me takes around 30%. We work with local businesses and have discount cards that work great also.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD's teams have rarely had any kind of business sponsorships, but have raised money though things like raffles (wine/cheese/lottery ticket baskets were a hit), football pools, and similar things. For the most part, in our experience, travel ball is a "parent-sponsored" activity.

Jun 8, 2016
Try snapraise
We did that for AAU bball and it worked out great...until I found out that the team planned on splitting the money evenly between everybody which meant we lost about $300 bucks that my (and my wives') family gave thinking it was going to all go to DD (it never said otherwise). Not a huge deal really but we were just not expecting the team to divvy it up that way.

Apr 28, 2014
We did that for AAU bball and it worked out great...until I found out that the team planned on splitting the money evenly between everybody which meant we lost about $300 bucks that my (and my wives') family gave thinking it was going to all go to DD (it never said otherwise). Not a huge deal really but we were just not expecting the team to divvy it up that way.
Yep first year we did this some people had that same thought. I was lucky enough to draw the short straw and am the booster club leader. I sent 4 emails before we started saying that all funds collected go to team even if your kid doesn't make the team. I was surprised that we didn't get any pushback from that communication. I think people feel bad for the girls losing their season last year and were very generous!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812