Getting picked up.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2014
Traveling from Australia to the United States in July and was wondering how things work with your tournaments and if there is any chance of my daughter getting picked up for a tournament?

Just wondering if teams are looking for players do they contact the organisers of the tournament (who have a list of available players) or is it all done ‘in house’ by the teams themselves?

My daughter is 16yo catcher, playing high level ball in Australia. She is travelling with a friend of hers (pitcher) looking for a tournament/team around mid July.

Any info would be appreciated.

Zippit

Jun 12, 2015
I live in GA and we have a local message board. My DD used to pick up all the time, back when she was all fiery and wanting to play constantly. I can't think of any weekend she wanted to play and couldn't find a spot. She's younger though (2nd year 12U now). I'm not sure if it's the same w/ older ages but I do see a lot of teams posting about needing players at the older ages too.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Traveling from Australia to the United States in July and was wondering how things work with your tournaments and if there is any chance of my daughter getting picked up for a tournament?

Just wondering if teams are looking for players do they contact the organisers of the tournament (who have a list of available players) or is it all done ‘in house’ by the teams themselves?

My daughter is 16yo catcher, playing high level ball in Australia. She is travelling with a friend of hers (pitcher) looking for a tournament/team around mid July.

Any info would be appreciated.

Zippit

Our team hosted three Australian girls a couple of years ago as guest players. It was a great time. Set up lots of clinics, instructors, and then they played with us for two showcases and tournament. July has a lot of great showcases, lots of college camps, and lots of nationals and other tournaments, so there will be no lack of options.

Do you have specific places you are planning on traveling to? Where you are headed is going to make a lot of difference - either someone on this board will be local and can help you out or can direct you to the specific local forum or facebook group to help you out.

Where in Oz are you? Are they on their State teams or one of the National teams? People will want to see video to make sure if they pick them up they are doing so at a good level (i.e. so they can PLAY).

Also - is softball why they are coming? Is the goal to be potentially recruited - that will also direct what tournaments you may want to be involved in.

Apr 16, 2013
As others have said, you'll need to find out what internet forums (boards) are in place for the area you're going to. Post up and someone from that state will most likely chime in with several suggestions. At that point, you make a post on that board about wanting to pick up during that time frame and almost always, a team will gladly let you join them.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Pick a region of the states... I'm in SoCal so maybe my opinion is only for out here. Email the big dogs of Batbusters, Firecrackers, So Cal A's, Explosion and I'd be willing to bet that they could help you find a place to guest. Same, I would think, goes for other regions, except the names of the organizations would be different. I think it would be pretty cool to host a player from Australia...

Jan 14, 2014
Some great info here, Thanks @grcsftbll, @marriard, @justanotherguy amd @erniekru.

Both my daughter and her friend played at the U17 Nationals here in Australia in January and are touring with the U17 Australian Squad finishing in Minnesota on July 10.... so I guess anywhere from there to the west coast is fair ground for a tournament.

Will send a few emails out as you suggested @erniekru.

Thanks for help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802