Getting hit in hands when swinging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2014
in that video she's still casting badly. Barrel dumps and she pulls it back across her body. By the time she realizes it's inside she can't pull her hands back inside quickly enough.

Her eyes appear to be looking at the pitcher the whole time....

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Ive found a couple different hand guards:

There are pictures of another from a company called shock doctor but they dont seem to have it on their website anymore.

Nov 22, 2019
Ive found a couple different hand guards:

There are pictures of another from a company called shock doctor but they dont seem to have it on their website anymore.

Thanks, somehow it's the thumb that has been hit all three times (left twice, right once), which I think in a correct swing wouldn't be exposed. It's just sad, as she had just gotten comfortable mentally swinging again after she broke it last fall.

I've thrown whiffle balls at her for 6 months didn't help.

Her swing is a little better off the tee, but a soon as a ball is thrown to her, the swing changes.

www.flickr.com/photos/43444487@N00/50211010982/in/dateposted/

I wish P/Flex was an option at 10-U for her.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
One thing my daughter has done to help with inside pitches is to go to more of an open stance. It really helps with her load and also gives her a better chance to hit inside pitches.

Jun 26, 2020
Sadly, my DD seemingly wants to call it quits. She loves pitching and put a ton of time into it, but has no interest in trying to hit again.
She's 10 just let it be. She'll get her confidence back and start taking cuts. Getting hit stinks and stinks more on the hands

Nov 22, 2019
She's 10 just let it be. She'll get her confidence back and start taking cuts. Getting hit stinks and stinks more on the hands

It took nearly 9 months after she broke her thumb to start swinging confidently again, and then she got hit swinging a bat for a 3rd time shortly afterwards.

She doesn't want to bat after two broken thumbs and a 3rd time nearly breaking it.

To me it's hard to tell her just go out there and keep swinging. It's not Rec, some girls are throwing really hard.

She also doesn't have a team for the fall yet, so we'd have to keep forcing her to try out as well. One team wanted to see her a 2nd time, but she said she doesn't want to go.

My wife wants her to play; I don't want to force her.

May 23, 2015
She doesn't want to bat after two broken thumbs

Haha I wouldn't want to bat after 2 broken thumbs.

You win this argument with your wife. As a parent its easy to throw stones at glass houses when you don't live in them. I can tell you the names of the first 3 pitchers that plunked me when I started playing kid pitch at 10. Its just not fun

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
It took nearly 9 months after she broke her thumb to start swinging confidently again, and then she got hit swinging a bat for a 3rd time shortly afterwards.

She doesn't want to bat after two broken thumbs and a 3rd time nearly breaking it.

To me it's hard to tell her just go out there and keep swinging. It's not Rec, some girls are throwing really hard.

She also doesn't have a team for the fall yet, so we'd have to keep forcing her to try out as well. One team wanted to see her a 2nd time, but she said she doesn't want to go.

Maybe she can become a pitcher/base runner :devilish:. May even try swinging the bat again. I can't fault her for not wanting to get plucked again.

Can't forget her saying to you "Run Forrest run"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802