General advice for softball parents of talented players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Like I have I told my DD, if I could carry a basketball,bat,glove and bag of balls on a bike to the park (5+ miles away) you can carry your batbag 50 feet to the car.
You left out- in the snow, uphill both ways,and with a broken leg 😜

Jun 8, 2016
You left out- in the snow, uphill both ways,and with a broken leg 😜
LOL..I am actually serious..I was nuts enough to do that in the summer. If it was snowing it was basketball season so only the basketball was carried and I never broke a leg but I did tear an ACL (I did that at the park too but had to leave my bike at the park and had an adult who just happened to be there watching us play pickup drive me home)

The amount of hours I spent playing unorganized sports from the age of about 9 or 10 till I left HS was ridiculous....it was the best :)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017
LOL..I am actually serious..I was nuts enough to do that in the summer. If it was snowing it was basketball season so only the basketball was carried and I never broke a leg but I did tear an ACL (I did that at the park too but had to leave my bike at the park and had an adult who just happened to be there watching us play pickup drive me home)

The amount of hours I spent playing unorganized sports from the age of about 9 or 10 till I left HS was ridiculous....it was the best :)
My kids get tired of hearing about it but I was the same way up until I got a car and a job at 16. My neighborhood was full of kids and we played some sport everyday it seemed. Being in KY our go to was basketball but we played football, baseball, had bike races around the different sized blocks and even ran track meets. I was fast and loved to run so I always pushed to run races but that gets old for most kids after awhile. Unfortunately where we live now there are very few other kids around and it's more of a rural area so my wife and I are the other kids! We have a good time though and it provides some good family bonding time. Lot's of kickball and football games followed by Aleve 🤕

Jun 8, 2016
My kids get tired of hearing about it but I was the same way up until I got a car and a job at 16. My neighborhood was full of kids and we played some sport everyday it seemed. Being in KY our go to was basketball but we played football, baseball, had bike races around the different sized blocks and even ran track meets. I was fast and loved to run so I always pushed to run races but that gets old for most kids after awhile. Unfortunately where we live now there are very few other kids around and it's more of a rural area so my wife and I are the other kids! We have a good time though and it provides some good family bonding time. Lot's of kickball and football games followed by Aleve 🤕
My kids would love to have other kids in the neighborhood to play with but the only time you see kids outside is trick-or-treating :LOL: DD is excited because she just found out a kid in her grade now lives nearby..they have already made plans to play basketball this summer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812