General advice for softball parents of talented players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Y'all are doing it wrong.

Part of the reason you can't carry her crap is because you have a cart, a bucket, your gear, foldable chairs, etc. etc. :p

But nope, I'm not carrying it. Sheesh they either have straps or wheels. It's not that big a deal.

Jan 8, 2019
Y'all are doing it wrong.

Part of the reason you can't carry her crap is because you have a cart, a bucket, your gear, foldable chairs, etc. etc. :p

But nope, I'm not carrying it. Sheesh they either have straps or wheels. It's not that big a deal.
You can fit all of your stuff into ONE cart? Maybe we're bringing too big a cooler?

Aug 17, 2018
Texas
Personally, after a day of 3-5 games, where DD caught all but one normally, I have no problem hauling her bag. she is usually guzzling a soda or eating water ice as we leave. goes a lot in winter too, when DD swam in a swim meet in the AM, caught 2+ games in the afternoon (we got a lucky warm and clear Sat, local guy pounced and scheduled a one day ad hoc tourney), and had to swim again the next AM. schedule like that, I will wait on her in between activities to help her conserve and recover.
Get her a catchers bag that has rollers so she doesn't have to carry it.

Dec 5, 2017
Bungee cords
I keep some in my trunk and in the storage compartment in my wife's SUV. I look like Jed Clampett when we come rolling in but I only make 1 trip and usually don't lose anything. Plus I can use the bungees to attach my canopy legs to a fence so it doesn't blow away.
Dang it! I didn't see Lemond's pic before I posted!

Dec 5, 2017
I keep expecting to see someone unloading their gear into a golf cart or side by side and driving it in. Would not be surprised at all.

Jun 8, 2016
Like I have I told my DD, if I could carry a basketball,bat,glove and bag of balls on a bike to the park (5+ miles away) you can carry your batbag 50 feet to the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23