Gas pedal and brakes?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think one camp would like this device and another camp would not. I like it. It make the hitter whip not just spin. A early batspeed camp (website) is promoting this product but it would be hard to use with their style. Maybe they are evolving?

I'm okay with the device. You can decide for yourself what camp I'm in. Personally I prefer to be a loner... 😉

Jul 29, 2013
View attachment 17930

during the load the back leg ERs. Bryce doesn’t let go of that ER. That and spacing is what stops the hips. It gets the hips to their EROM (slack out). During this time the obliques are stretching the opposite way.

Not abandoning the car crash. Legs stop the hips, hips stop the core, core stops arm then hands then bat.

View attachment 17931

oblique contraction gets the hands/bat across the body. The middle and bat should be synced.

the back leg working back behind a hitter is directly related to holding the anchor. It doesn’t need to be anchored into the ground. But it needs to have no IR and maintain space until the ball is gone. That’s anchored to me.

View attachment 17933

As I evolve in my understanding. It’s about taking the slack out at opposite ends during the load and launch. Like an ‘X’. Which makes the body move from the middle more and more.
Work=wins
Monday 5/25/02020
8:24 "No car crash."
11:44 "Not abandoning car crash."

So if I fill in the blanks......."Legs stop the hips, hips stop the core, core stops arm then (then arms stop) hands then (hands stop) bat." ????

The rear leg externally rotates and the obliques stretch the opposite way.... Which way? forward? backward?

The rear leg, although it is off the ground, is an anchor because it's externally rotated and, along with the front leg being externally rotated, allows the obliques to get the hands across the body because your back leg is still attached to you? And your understanding is evolving.
Hmmm.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Work=wins
Monday 5/25/02020
8:24 "No car crash."
11:44 "Not abandoning car crash."

So if I fill in the blanks......."Legs stop the hips, hips stop the core, core stops arm then (then arms stop) hands then (hands stop) bat." ????

The rear leg externally rotates and the obliques stretch the opposite way.... Which way? forward? backward?

The rear leg, although it is off the ground, is an anchor because it's externally rotated and, along with the front leg being externally rotated, allows the obliques to get the hands across the body because your back leg is still attached to you? And your understanding is evolving.
Hmmm.

Yes lead arm stops the hands and hands stop the bat. Whip.

the obliques are eccentrically contracting. Forward during stride. Contracting concentrically at launch.

I wouldn’t prescribe letting the back foot come off the floor. But as long as it stops the hips and stay ERed through contact it’s fine. I’d rather it maintain its space so the middle can turn tightest. But adjustments need to be made sometimes.

Jul 29, 2013
Yes lead arm stops the hands and hands stop the bat. Whip.

the obliques are eccentrically contracting. Forward during stride. Contracting concentrically at launch.

I wouldn’t prescribe letting the back foot come off the floor. But as long as it stops the hips and stay ERed through contact it’s fine. I’d rather it maintain its space so the middle can turn tightest. But adjustments need to be made sometimes.
So torque the bat?
Wth is eccentric contraction? is that like FYB? or left yet right? up yet down? in yet out? right yet wrong? good yet bad? red yet green?
Orrrrr, could eccentric contraction actually mean STRETCH? and not contract at all?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So torque the bat?
Wth is eccentric contraction? is that like FYB? or left yet right? up yet down? in yet out? right yet wrong? good yet bad? red yet green?
Orrrrr, could eccentric contraction actually mean STRETCH? and not contract at all?

If you want to say stretch that’s fine. But there is a concentric contraction which works against the eccentric contraction cross body during load and launch. Sorry that might have confused you. But that’s how I see it. It’s an ‘X’. Hope that helps. It goes compression-tension- compression-TENSION.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If you want to say stretch that’s fine. But there is a concentric contraction which works against the eccentric contraction cross body during load and launch. Sorry that might have confused you. But that’s how I see it. It’s an ‘X’. Hope that helps. It goes compression-tension- compression-TENSION.
I get discussing all this stuff but how do we teach it. You certainly don't tell 11 year old Jenny " compression-tension- compression-TENSION.'

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I get discussing all this stuff but how do we teach it. You certainly don't tell 11 year old Jenny " compression-tension- compression-TENSION.'
I like drills that give hitters instant feedback. Long tee, throwing bats and using the line drive pro (which is very similar to throwing bats minus the danger) When using the line drive pro (tennis ball on the bat thing) have the hitter release/ throw the tennis ball as far as she can to RC field. Most will fail. If they dump the barrel the ball comes out early as a GB on the right side. If they spin in place, they will throw it to LF. If they get the direction right but keep throwing GBs then they need more tilt/launch. When they can throw line drives up the middle they "feel and see" what a good swing feels and looks like.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Of course not. Cues like ‘walk away from your hands’. ‘Keep the back foot down’. ‘Stay closed’.,’hold the ground’. Will get you the ‘X’ pattern. Getting in a wide stance and hitting tee can help for the feel. Like Bonds did with Yelich off front toss.

Aug 20, 2017
How I see it: the back glute begins to open the hips, this sends energy into the core. The hips and lower body slow down at this point and the core accelerates. The core then slows down and sends energy to the upper body to begin to accelerate. The shoulders begin slow down and send energy to the hands. The hands begins to slow down and send energy into the barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28