Gas pedal and brakes?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't necessarily disagree with any or all of that out right. Because the handle in the whip analogy will also be the slowest moving part in that system as well. That's why I "Liked" your original post, because you also said, "The brakes matter more than the engine", and that too is correct.

Look how close we are to coming to consensus as I mentioned earlier when talking about "sodas". (y)

Yeah, I was wondering where you or anyone else mentioned anything about fast hips. I even read back through the thread to find that little nugget. No luck. Interesting...

Jul 29, 2013
Hip extension. If you can see past all the obliques contracting and forearms rotating youll see how hip extension causes the ENTIRE body to go into a straight line in a fraction of a second. Look at these pics where the club is going 150 mph and then just take a second and think of which way this force works in a softball swing.

View attachment 17890
View attachment 17891
Get some hip extension in ur swing!

Jul 29, 2013
there’s a time constraint. No time to separate til the cows come home like this guy. Different constraints. Heck these contests have very few constraints. Hence the BIG LONG UNDISCIPLINED ACTIONS. Creating force in very LARGE windows. Couldn’t hit . 300 in 16u like this.
What is it about 150mph that takes a long time? He's still only turning and swinging. Doesn't get a Happy Gilmore running start.

The crap in the car keeps moving in the crash because it hasn't been stopped yet. It's still only moving as fast as the car before the car was crashed.
Kind if like your brain crashing into the front of your skull that time when you hit your head. Lol ....skull stops against concrete floor, brain keeps going and hits skull. You probably don't remember.

Jul 29, 2013
if you ever get to get a look at a kmotion graph. You will see the hips move the slowest during the sequence and are more of a stabilizer than a generator. Fast hips are poison in any rotary or cross body action.
How's k motion measure the hip speed? Translationally or rotationally?

Feb 25, 2020
One video of nothing. The bat accelerating into contact? Nothing before matters? That’s what you got?

like I said. You don’t know, cause you never had to test anything you say. So the fact that you think that you can’t be wrong is a big tell. You never had coached 1 single hitter? All your examples are of max force efforts with no constraints? Did you play at all? Ever seen how fast the ball comes in? Folks we gotta a real critical thinker here with loads of experience !I I remember when TM would used a high jumper as his example. LOL.

Did TM use the high jumper before or after he started coaching major leaguers?

How do you explain this bat going from 57 to 85? "Takin the slack out"? "Reciprocal rotation"? Obliques still? The bat doesn't accelerate itself.
Screenshot_20200524-095546.png
Screenshot_20200524-095554.png
Lots of people can get it to go 57 at that point in the swing. Not many get it to go from 57 to 85.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What is it about 150mph that takes a long time? He's still only turning and swinging. Doesn't get a Happy Gilmore running start.

The crap in the car keeps moving in the crash because it hasn't been stopped yet. It's still only moving as fast as the car before the car was crashed.
Kind if like your brain crashing into the front of your skull that time when you hit your head. Lol ....skull stops against concrete floor, brain keeps going and hits skull. You probably don't remember.

the example is of primary and secondary movers in the body. For the next piece to accelerate. The primary must stop. Car crashes all the way through to contact. The hips stop (crash) the trunk accelerates. The trunk stops the lead arm accelerates and so on through the hands and the bat.

The model of hip/shoulder separation is old and takes too long. The goal is to close the gaps of separation as quickly as possible. Through compression and tension throughout the body. Gas pedal and brakes.

1590330422086.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28