Gas pedal and brakes?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Whether you agree the hips and legs are body parts or not....at least you're very close in what parts have "dragster" parts in them that needs to slam the "brakes" on into contact, so other parts can fly by them. (y)

if you ever get to get a look at a kmotion graph. You will see the hips move the slowest during the sequence and are more of a stabilizer than a generator. Fast hips are poison in any rotary or cross body action.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I would bet dollars to doughnuts that his time to contact is less than Tiger woods. Prove me wrong.

and he hits 1 of 14 fairways. And shoots 90. Doesn’t make weekend play and goes back to thrashing golf balls for pennies to tigers dollar. Same can be said for slow pitch guys. There’s more to it than force production. It’s about creating the force in really tight windows.

Apr 11, 2015
if you ever get to get a look at a kmotion graph. You will see the hips move the slowest during the sequence and are more of a stabilizer than a generator. Fast hips are poison in any rotary or cross body action.
I don't necessarily disagree with any or all of that out right. Because the handle in the whip analogy will also be the slowest moving part in that system as well. That's why I "Liked" your original post, because you also said, "The brakes matter more than the engine", and that too is correct.

Look how close we are to coming to consensus as I mentioned earlier when talking about "sodas". (y)

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
and he hits 1 of 14 fairways. And shoots 90. Doesn’t make weekend play and goes back to thrashing golf balls for pennies to tigers dollar. Same can be said for slow pitch guys. There’s more to it than force production. It’s about creating the force in really tight windows.

You missed the entire point. Not surprising. I put the long drive guy because even a dim bulb couldnt miss it. Go back and watch your hank aaron GIFs and take note of his belt.

I know your first instincts will be to attribute this to the "obliques". Your instincts are wrong. Just like you saw Mike trouts obliques opening his hip up. It's not the way it works.

Sorry to take you out of your mutual admiration society but all you "oblique" guys are delusional if you think obliques are responsible for all these explosive hip movements. Obliques dont move the hips/pelvis one iota.

Your titleist guy is a dope too. The recoil is so obviously from the hips extending into each other and relaxing. Watch the fricken animation.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You missed the entire point. Not surprising. I put the long drive guy because even a dim bulb couldnt miss it. Go back and watch your hank aaron GIFs and take note of his belt.

I know your first instincts will be to attribute this to the "obliques". Your instincts are wrong. Just like you saw Mike trouts obliques opening his hip up. It's not the way it works.

Sorry to take you out of your mutual admiration society but all you "oblique" guys are delusional if you think obliques are responsible for all these explosive hip movements. Obliques dont move the hips/pelvis one iota.

Your titleist guy is a dope too. The recoil is so obviously from the hips extending into each other and relaxing. Watch the fricken animation.

Yeah. Everyone is an idiot but Bonehead. Usually the last one to know in most cases.

the obliques are for speed. They rotate the pelvis down and up bc of the resistance from the back leg pulling the hip and obliques the opposite direction against the ‘turn’ of the swing.

you just got here... but if you have half a brain. Then you’d realize that there has been cooked up theories about how to get the bat across the body without pushing. TTB is the cancer that has infested this site for the last 10-15 years bc of that. Other lame theories as well. The latest being your hip extension nonsense. So forgive us if we harp on the FACTS. And don’t tread lightly.

Why don’t you put up some proof that hip extension matters and how you teach it. Do you teach anyone? Have you ever taught anyone?! Got any video of you teaching anyone? Nope. Cause it’s passive. It just happens in a baseball swing if everything else is right. LOL.

the hips matter. But when it comes to speed. They are in last place.

You bash titleist and driveline etc? You didn’t even know what the obliques were 2 months ago. Seriously? Dude stop. Take the L clown.

Edit: Bold.. that’s where the recoil comes from as well.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
Yeah. Everyone is an idiot but Bonehead. Usually the last one to know in most cases.

the obliques are for speed. They rotate the pelvis down and up bc of the resistance from the back leg pulling the hip and obliques the opposite direction against the ‘turn’ of the swing.

you just got here... but if you have half a brain. Then you’d realize that there has been cooked up theories about how to get the bat across the body without pushing. TTB is the cancer that has infested this site for the last 10-15 years bc of that. Other lame theories as well. The latest being your hip extension nonsense. So forgive us if we harp on the FACTS. And don’t tread lightly.

Why don’t you put up some proof that hip extension matters and how you teach it. Do you teach anyone? Have you ever taught anyone?! Got any video of you teaching anyone? Nope. Cause it’s passive. It just happens in a baseball swing if everything else is right. LOL.

You bash titleist and driveline etc? You didn’t even know what the obliques were 2 months ago. Seriously? Dude stop. Take the L clown.

Like I said. I'm sorry to break up your mutual admiration society. I expect some backlash.

Answer this question. Why should I give any credence to 3-4 doofuses who've been arguing in circles for years on end.

I dont think you addressed one thing in this post. Except calling hip extension nonsense when every gif/swing you reference has belt buckles bouncing up and down right around contact(hip extnesion).

I dont really give much thought to what you say, as I think you are a dumbass.

What does bother me is that people read the nonsense you post and think you know what your talking about because you post all the time.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Like I said. I'm sorry to break up your mutual admiration society. I expect some backlash.

Answer this question. Why should I give any credence to 3-4 doofuses who've been arguing in circles for years on end.

I dont think you addressed one thing in this post. Except calling hip extension nonsense when every gif/swing you reference has belt buckles bouncing up and down right around contact(hip extnesion).

I dont really give much thought to what you say, as I think you are a dumbass.

What does bother me is that people read the nonsense you post and think you know what your talking about because you post all the time.

Now I don’t know what I’m talking about. Before you said I got a lot right, right? but since you got your little feelings hurt, you don’t know how to act. Figures. There a few of you out there. Punks.

like I said put up some proof that you know what you’re talking about. Got any students? Ever help a kid get a scholarship? Got any proven folks in the field saying what your saying? Right now you’re just like Skank telling folks what you think you see. No proof.

I held off on you. Now I’m gonna pound you every time you post something stupid. Like a long drive guy or an Olympic weight lifter and say ‘ this is the same as the baseball swing’ damn 🤡🤡🤡

Feb 25, 2020
Now I don’t know what I’m talking about. Before you said I got a lot right, right? but since you got your little feelings hurt, you don’t know how to act. Figures. There a few of you out there. Punks.

like I said put up some proof that you know what you’re talking about. Got any students? Ever help a kid get a scholarship? Got any proven folks in the field saying what your saying? Right now you’re just like Skank telling folks what you think you see. No proof.

I held off on you. Now I’m gonna pound you every time you post something stupid. Like a long drive guy or an Olympic weight lifter and say ‘ this is the same as the baseball swing’ damn 🤡🤡🤡

I'm not tryin to get any glory here. And this is not a discussion about teaching. It's about what actually happens.

This is the best proof Ive found.

Do some math and find out where he accelerates the bat the most over time.

It's long after "the turn" where you chided me for posting this pic.
20200413_213130.jpg

You need to realize that people aren't attacking you all the time. You don't need to be married to "the obliques".

We're just after the truth.

Also it's great that kids got scholarships in spite of your instruction.

Feb 25, 2020

Edit: Bold.. that’s where the recoil comes from as well.

I just saw you edited this to make yourself look more stupid. Way to go. You should just quit posting here. Honestly. GTFO of here. I feel like I'm arguing with flat-earthers.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I just saw you edited this to make yourself look more stupid. Way to go. You should just quit posting here. Honestly. GTFO of here. I feel like I'm arguing with flat-earthers.

One video of nothing. The bat accelerating into contact? Nothing before matters? That’s what you got?

like I said. You don’t know, cause you never had to test anything you say. So the fact that you think that you can’t be wrong is a big tell. You never had coached 1 single hitter? All your examples are of max force efforts with no constraints? Did you play at all? Ever seen how fast the ball comes in? Folks we gotta a real critical thinker here with loads of experience !I I remember when TM would used a high jumper as his example. LOL.

I think you bit off more than you can chew. and don’t know how to be humble. Others here and guys who do this for a living agree with me. You got who again?

Get a student. Try your theories. Prove it. I really want you too ! Maybe you can finally contribute to the forum? Hopefully you can figure somethings out. You still have a lot to learn.

There is a lot more to the body then the hips. Look into fascial lines. How everything is connected and how things oppose each other to create rotational force. You’re stuck 10 years back.

Max separation is bad. Swinging from the ground up with the legs is bad. Trying to turn the hips is bad. there’s a few nuggets for you. Try not to pee in your bed tonight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478