GameChanger Video Streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 30, 2020
2.) Usually the configuration available for streaming may not be ideal for recording. We like GoPro for recording but it is horrible for streaming. Cell phones stream better than record. Mevo is decent on both but not currently available for the GC process.

#2 is a big point for me. My wife surprised me with a GoPro 9 for my birthday and then I found out you can only record in 1080p when streaming. I would prefer to record in 4K/5K to get a better picture and be able to zoom in on players when creating highlights. So, second device for streaming it will be.

Aug 21, 2020
#2 is a big point for me. My wife surprised me with a GoPro 9 for my birthday and then I found out you can only record in 1080p when streaming. I would prefer to record in 4K/5K to get a better picture and be able to zoom in on players when creating highlights. So, second device for streaming it will be.
Hmm sounds like it is the same functionality as the Mevo Start for now. Hopefully a firmware update can enable 4k recording while streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2018
Honestly, how important is the live stream? I got into doing it because of Covid, since many families were only sending one parent to a game. But are college coaches really sitting through a whole game at a specified time?

I would think that getting a link to a recording that they could view at their own convenience, with the dead space edited out or even just highlights of a specific player would be more valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2020
Honestly, how important is the live stream? I got into doing it because of Covid, since many families were only sending one parent to a game. But are college coaches really sitting through a whole game at a specified time?

I would think that getting a link to a recording that they could view at their own convenience, with the dead space edited out or even just highlights of a specific player would be more valuable.

I saw college coaches tweeting out pictures of their setup where they had multiple screens up watching 2-4 games. I don't know how much it will be used long-term once we get out of COVID restrictions but still will be useful. Especially for D1 coaches this fall who can't go to any tournaments and want to see more than just highlights.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri

It is my opinion that this pandemic era will create a stable infrastructure, that is currently being used due to COVID, to support cost saving initiatives (less travel) far after COVID restrictions are lifted. It is simple economics. Coaches will still travel, but their travel will be fed by decisions made from prior video. Of course this always existed before. But because of COVID, there is just more of it.

Aug 21, 2020
Tried with my Pixel 3XL this afternoon. No one on Game Manager got the link to watch the video.

Feb 7, 2016
If my team (and bigger picture, all of our org) is setup on regular gamechanger, with a premium subscription, can that be transferred to Team Manager? Or are we starting over?

I asked this question directly to GC and they said yes. You would have to contact them and they’ll transfer it in their backend system.

Oct 2, 2015
We migrated over to Team Manager from GC to livestream this weekend and it worked flawlessly. We also stream on AGL but never scored there because the interface was so difficult. When Team Manager adds saving video, we'll likely end the use of AGL altogether.

A few things from the questions. You can go back to GameChanger if you don't like Team Manager. It's all right there, but you cannot import the stats a second time for the team. So if you make the switch now, like we did, and go back, the second time you come to Team Manager you will lose the added stats. I should note - you cannot import the stats back to GameChanger either - so to "go back" you either need to score in both or lose those games.

Someone mentioned a timer - there is one in the both GameChanger and Team Manager under settings. The in-game functionality for the score keeper is identical between the apps.

If you have a GC premium account, you can link it to your Team Manager account. You cannot link a Team Manager account with a GC account. So if you have to use both, be sure to pay through GC.

The scoreboard is on the bottom of the screen - which means you can see left field, unlike AGL. It's easy to swap between the video stream and the game stream to see stats, who is up, etc.

When you import the team, you can import all of your fans, but they do need to download the app because you can't watch on GC if you score in Team Manager.

Right now, only family members can watch the live stream.

Oct 5, 2015
If other teams in the area switch I am going to be upset since I follow them on my desktop sometimes and Team Manager doesn't have a desktop version (and I don't own a cellphone)....
Download the BlueStacks Android emulator, then from inside the emulator, download the gc team manager app from the Google Playstore. I've used this without any issues. Keep in mind it's not the same as the old gc desktop/web app. Because it's emulating Android, it's more like a giant phone on your desktop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478