GameChanger Video Streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
now, with restrictions on where we can sit in some tournaments (ie everyone along OF fence), not going to be an option, and wifi on camera is at best 10 meters, I am at a quandry as to how to do stop/start camera. does anyone know of a portable wifi booster?

This is my biggest issue with Periscope or this new streaming setup on Game Manager. Due to distancing, we have to set up a camera at the backstop and then decamp to the outfield. Softball people are generally an honest bunch, but I’m still not comfortable hanging my cellphone on a fence and then walking away.

If you just hang a camera and leave, it will automatically break the files into 12-minute segments for HD video or 4K. Not as ideal as being able to start and stop, but somewhat more manageable than a single large file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
This is my biggest issue with Periscope or this new streaming setup on Game Manager. Due to distancing, we have to set up a camera at the backstop and then decamp to the outfield. Softball people are generally an honest bunch, but I’m still not comfortable hanging my cellphone on a fence and then walking away.

If you just hang a camera and leave, it will automatically break the files into 12-minute segments for HD video or 4K. Not as ideal as being able to start and stop, but somewhat more manageable than a single large file.

wish my camera did that, it does not, will not stop recording until either it runs out of space on card or out of power. if I do not stop and start it, files get unmanageable (I do not stop/start at changeovers to save space on card or power, but only to keep files reasonably sized, I got a card I can record several games on easy).

Jul 14, 2018
wish my camera did that, it does not, will not stop recording until either it runs out of space on card or out of power. if I do not stop and start it, files get unmanageable (I do not stop/start at changeovers to save space on card or power, but only to keep files reasonably sized, I got a card I can record several games on easy).

Sorry, I have several HD cameras and they all do that, something to do with file size. I just assumed that was a standard. That’ll teach me...

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
I tested the new game changer video last night. It was easy to setup and all the parents said the picture quality was much better than Periscope (what I have been using for the past 2 seasons). I'm going to use it at this weekend's tournament to test it out more.

We weren't live scoring the game, so wasn't able to test the team name/score overlay.

Jul 2, 2013
I'd love to use this but it sounds like it's missing two things. Ability to save the recording and an easy way to allow college coaches to view the stream. I think we will test it out this fall but will still need to use a GoPro to record and stream on social media.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I'd love to use this but it sounds like it's missing two things. Ability to save the recording and an easy way to allow college coaches to view the stream. I think we will test it out this fall but will still need to use a GoPro to record and stream on social media.
In my experience, it is generally a better idea to stream with one device and record for saving purposes with another. 2 reasons for this:
1.) Less stress on a single point of failure.
2.) Usually the configuration available for streaming may not be ideal for recording. We like GoPro for recording but it is horrible for streaming. Cell phones stream better than record. Mevo is decent on both but not currently available for the GC process.

Jul 2, 2013
In my experience, it is generally a better idea to stream with one device and record for saving purposes with another. 2 reasons for this:
1.) Less stress on a single point of failure.
2.) Usually the configuration available for streaming may not be ideal for recording. We like GoPro for recording but it is horrible for streaming. Cell phones stream better than record. Mevo is decent on both but not currently available for the GC process.

You make good points Josh.

We already have a GoPro (and LynkSpyder) that we could transition just to recording. The only thing missing is an easy way to share the stream with college coaches using GameChanger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802