GameChanger Video Streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
My understanding is there is a scoreboard. They are adding the ability to save and rewatch videos too. Also, anyone who is a fan of your team can watch (I believe). I will be using my phone to stream through app this weekend, have my usually GC parent score the game on their phone (as they always do), and also record game with Mevo Plus in 4K. Might be interesting. We will see. I will update Monday.

Jun 8, 2016
From the Game Manager app:

So, no scoreboard yet, but glad they’re working on it. They tried to force users off of GC last spring, but must have gotten resistance. This might be their play for extra functionality to prompt users to migrate to Manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD's team went to Game Manager in the Spring..as far as I can tell we were the only team that switched...lol!!

Jun 30, 2020
DD's team went to Game Manager in the Spring..as far as I can tell we were the only team that switched...lol!!

Yeah, we haven’t switched because everything I have looked at for the new app has been less than positive and not a big enough benefit to switch from GC. Streaming may finally do that but will have to see.

Jul 14, 2018
I’m just a parent, so I don’t have any use for all the team management functions that GM provides. But just poking around, I see that they do have a timer on the scoring interface, which I love. If it’s going to be able to stream with a live scoreboard, that’s a reason to switch from GC. I just created a dummy team to try it out this weekend.

The inability to link to the feed is a drawback at the older ages, but it might be a plus at 10-12U. Parents are skittish about their kids being broadcast at that age, but if it’s only available to approved team ‘fans’ that makes it easier to swallow, and hopefully get them comfortable with the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, we haven’t switched because everything I have looked at for the new app has been less than positive and not a big enough benefit to switch from GC. Streaming may finally do that but will have to see.
If other teams in the area switch I am going to be upset since I follow them on my desktop sometimes and Team Manager doesn't have a desktop version (and I don't own a cellphone)....

Apr 1, 2017
If my team (and bigger picture, all of our org) is setup on regular gamechanger, with a premium subscription, can that be transferred to Team Manager? Or are we starting over?

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
If my team (and bigger picture, all of our org) is setup on regular gamechanger, with a premium subscription, can that be transferred to Team Manager? Or are we starting over?

That is a great question. I do not see anywhere on Team Manager that asks you to buy anything (subscription). I think they got rid of that portion. We switched over after Summer ball was finished because I understood that everyone will be forced to migrate this fall. I preemptively did it to avoid doing it mid-season (might not be an issue).

May 6, 2015
dont mean to hijack, but I have a somewhat related question. I have used a cheap gopro knockoff to video games in past from backstop (mostly as practice for older daughter, needed video of her in another sport for recruiting). before, used to sit somewhere relatively close to backstop, so was able to start stop easily on camera itself every half inning (makes the videos easier to manage, easier to find ceretain bits). now, with restrictions on where we can sit in some tournaments (ie everyone along OF fence), not going to be an option, and wifi on camera is at best 10 meters, I am at a quandry as to how to do stop/start camera. does anyone know of a portable wifi booster?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
dont mean to hijack, but I have a somewhat related question. I have used a cheap gopro knockoff to video games in past from backstop (mostly as practice for older daughter, needed video of her in another sport for recruiting). before, used to sit somewhere relatively close to backstop, so was able to start stop easily on camera itself every half inning (makes the videos easier to manage, easier to find ceretain bits). now, with restrictions on where we can sit in some tournaments (ie everyone along OF fence), not going to be an option, and wifi on camera is at best 10 meters, I am at a quandry as to how to do stop/start camera. does anyone know of a portable wifi booster?
No thoughts on a booster. But keep in mind that WiFi will possibly add heat to your device, possibly leading to shutdowns. My suggestion would be, if you can't physically lay hands on the device is to get bigger/more cards and just let the thing run the whole game. Generally this produces less heat than WiFi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802