GameChanger Video Streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Got a link to info? I'm not seeing that feature. I'm also having trouble picturing how you would score on GC and livestream simultaneously from the same device.

SidelineHD (under development by a DFP'er) overlays GC data on your livestream video, but it's not a 3rd party service, and is still in Beta.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
Looks like GameChanger released video streaming inside the app. Has anyone used it yet? How was the stream? Looks like you can only use from your phone and not a GoPro? Thinking about using it this weekend. Any info appreciated.

I have not used it personally, but I will be trying it out this weekend. However, another team in our Org used it last weekend and said it was pretty good. GC is adding a lot of features this fall, so it will get better. FYI - you cannot save videos.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
Got a link to info? I'm not seeing that feature. I'm also having trouble picturing how you would score on GC and livestream simultaneously from the same device.

SidelineHD (under development by a DFP'er) overlays GC data on your livestream video, but it's not a 3rd party service, and is still in Beta.

If you do not see it (on Team Manager app not GC app) you need to delete app and reinstall (that is what I was told).

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I didn't know about the Team Manager app. Checking it out now. Thanks!

EDIT: Initial reaction - Putting game data on the livestream is cool, but...
I don't like that you can't use a device that also records (hopefully they will figure out how to change this in the future).
I don't like that you can't share a link to the stream (not as far as I can tell, anyways).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2017
I was using the SidelineHD and it was fantastic in terms of information. A college coach would want to know who is up and that app would say who was on base and when next couple batter. If you are scouting #1 on some team you can follow along without much effort.

Unfortunately SidelineHD is not available on GC anymore and this is probably why. I guess it depends on the target audience and if there is truly no recording then this app has a way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2020
It showed up on my android phone today. I'll try it out this weekend.
ef002aab92066b9ad3ec7965a9a6aedb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2018
From the Game Manager app:

You cannot score and live stream simultaneously from one device. You will need to have a second device on-hand to score the game. Your viewers also cannot see the score while watching the video live stream - that feature is coming soon!

So, no scoreboard yet, but glad they’re working on it. They tried to force users off of GC last spring, but must have gotten resistance. This might be their play for extra functionality to prompt users to migrate to Manager.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
From the Game Manager app:

So, no scoreboard yet, but glad they’re working on it. They tried to force users off of GC last spring, but must have gotten resistance. This might be their play for extra functionality to prompt users to migrate to Manager.

No scoreboard? Nevermind. The benefit is almost zero, then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2