Gamechanger Team Manager Livestreaming questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2019
Yes, it does.

However, it wasn't there on the video that was saved. That was odd.

And we want the games on Facebook so more people can see them.

Interesting, I just watched a saved video and it doesn't have the scoreboard overlay like the live stream does.

I guess Facebook Live could be good, but watching the livestream from the TM app would be similar for those people who watched the game via the standard GC method. I'm sure GC plans to have a new tier of subscription rate for viewing the live stream.

My wish list is slightly different:

1. ability to watch the video archive via PC/Mac. If that was available, there are multiple apps that can download the video so you can upload to YouTube or whatever.

2. ability to watch the livestream on a PC/Mac. When Dick Sporting Goods bought GameChanger, one of the blunders they made was to not support the PC/Mac access of TM. It's only recently that they added the access of stats via the PC/Mac.

Well, GC sent me an email yesterday and they claim that they figured out the instability issues in the live streaming. They say version 4.01 will fix it. I thought they solved it in version 4.0. LOL. We'll see.

Oct 4, 2018
They'll get it right eventually. Perhaps really soon.

Our team likes Facebook in that it helps get us some PR. We have about 700 following our Facebook page, and having all the games streamed and saved there keeps the content fresh and lets girls/families see how we play and potentially help us get players come tryouts.

Jul 14, 2018
Yes, it does.

However, it wasn't there on the video that was saved. That was odd.

And we want the games on Facebook so more people can see them.

That’s kind of useless, the whole point is having the scoreboard overlay. For raw game footage, I’d rather use my action cam or Mevo, which has a better picture than an old iPhone.

Hopefully you’re right, and they’re just taking baby steps towards a more robust product. I’ve been playing with a hack solution, screen-grabbing the ‘replay’ function on GC and then overlaying the top third as a small box over the video. It’s labor-intensive (the timing is off), but it looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2019
Just wanted to provide an update for version 4.01. I have used this version to livestream 3 HS games (7 innings) and I can say this version has really improved the stability issue. In 2 games, the livestream only shut off once and it was within the first two minutes. The other game live streamed without shutting off at all. This is an huge improvement.

Aug 17, 2019
Did you have to get association approval? We r not allowed
By association, are asking about the high school athletic body governing high school sports in your area? We're in CA, not aware of any CIF rule about livestreaming. In fact, our local school district has rules for how many people can do livestreaming/filming but that is mainly for COVID/social distancing issues.

Sep 9, 2019
By association, are asking about the high school athletic body governing high school sports in your area? We're in CA, not aware of any CIF rule about livestreaming. In fact, our local school district has rules for how many people can do livestreaming/filming but that is mainly for COVID/social distancing issues.
That what I meant. Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad