GameChanger stats - used by Coaches or Program Managers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2019
It does help to quiet parents down when you holler out "Error on 3B, right?" and the parents of the 3B hear seven people say "yep".
Best approach. When I did it, I always asked a neighbor out loud on marginal calls.
For those that don't keep GC, it really sucks when the devise starts blowing up, overheats, signals lost etc and you get behind.... I tend to cut the scorer some slack as you have to only view these stats at high level. If you're that worried, score the game from video in iscore or something. I like the analysis there better but GC is needed for social and attendance reasons

Sep 9, 2019
Better yet, send the coach the video and ask them to change it. After the 24 hours of course ;)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
As far as GC stats, a few might be hard to ignore. Strikeouts (for batters) and walks (for pitchers). Even the worst scorer doesn't get those wrong. Unless they are purposefully altering facts, I suppose.
While looking at these look at
innings & at bats.
Compaired to others playing time in games.

Jun 8, 2016
If a parent goes to a game there is no reason for them to even look at GC. Hopefully at some point every game will have a live stream and parent access to GC will be unnecessary.

Oct 4, 2018
Being a scorer on GC is a thankless job. Period. Having to watch every pitch and focus for the entire game just so that parents who BS for most of the game can complain about how you score it surely should be worth a team fee discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me wants to just skip a tourney and watch them scramble. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449