Game filming travel ball games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2019
Concord, CA
I’m just going to ask. When filming far away without audio of an opposing team’s dugout, can a coach successfully object to the recording of a game? I’m talking recording from behind the plate and from center field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Just for reference, what on earth are you doing? And for what kind of game (travel, rec, college, hs?)

Jul 27, 2021
Recordings are already happening. How many go-pros are mounted on the backstops? There are families recording and live streaming.

There are rules of using info (coaches behind the backstop)and technology in real time.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I’m just going to ask. When filming far away without audio of an opposing team’s dugout, can a coach successfully object to the recording of a game? I’m talking recording from behind the plate and from center field.

They were objecting to the game being recorded? That's wild. At this point, it's unusual for a game to not be recorded.

Jun 8, 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You film him picking his nose?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
They were objecting to the game being recorded? That's wild. At this point, it's unusual for a game to not be recorded.

I was wondering whether they set up a camera specifically to focus on the dugout to steal signs or tactics or something stupid like that. Even if it was 'the next time'

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I was wondering whether they set up a camera specifically to focus on the dugout to steal signs or tactics or something stupid like that. Even if it was 'the next time'

Yes, it has to be something like that. The OP does say "of an opposing team's dugout," but I didn't think that meant the camera was focused directly on the dugout and not the game.

I think it's reasonable for someone to ask why someone else is filming if the camera isn't pointed at the field of play. You're either cheating or being a creep.

Nov 18, 2015
Knowing the quality of video you get on GC for viewing plays in CF - I'm thinking it should be pretty obvious if another team is directly filming a dugout from CF.

Maybe with an actual video recorder? I can't imagine anything like a iphone or go pro having that sort of zoom capability.

Feb 7, 2014
I'm not sure what the OP is referring to however there was a question of what was being filmed in the Tennessee - Texas game this past weekend. The television crew didn't shed any light on the matter which is unfortunate. As animated as Mike White was there probably was more to it than ABC let on or would share.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I assume you're talking about some playing age level lower than college...

A camera in CF? How/why do you even notice that if you're a coach focused on the game? An unidentified camera on a fence pointing into your dugout might be a different story, and a complaint to the tournament director might get something done. In terms of recording the game itself, I've never seen any sort of venue restriction. Whether it's for recruiting purposes or simply recording for posterity, there's nothing to reasonably object to. Public place...no reasonable expectation of privacy...people can and are recording pretty much everything these days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee