Gaby doing her favorite drill.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would like to see her swing with just one ball. She hits the ball well for her age and size. I like her swing. Although, she does flatten the bat behind her and then swings. I was wondering if it is just an adjustment swing because she is trying to swing with two balls to choose from.

Dec 2, 2019
Here is a different angle. She flattens the bat, but it's not as bad as it was a couple months ago. As she gets stronger I think she will fix it.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Jaime Cevallos claims the hands should drop and the barrel should level out behind you and the lead arm does most of the work (pulling). He has pictures of ML hitters doing it.

Yes she does drop the hands, yes she levels out the bat behind her and she is pulling or peeling out with the front side.

I like her swing. She has an athletic swing. Looks hitterish.

Jun 8, 2016
When he sat there I just said to myself he has bigger balls than me.
Actually where he is sitting probably takes smaller balls since the odds of her hitting it backwards when he is tossing it forward are small. I usually try and get as close to 45 degrees as I can tbh in which case an outside pitch taken a bit too much to the opposite field can be an issue..lol. That said I do very little side toss anyway. She looks really good..keep at it.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
Actually where he is sitting probably takes smaller balls since the odd of her hitting it backwards when he is tossing it forward are small. I usually try and get as close to 45 degrees as I can tbh in which case a outside pitch taken a bit too much to the opposite field can be an issue..lol. That said I do very little side toss anyway. She looks really good..keep at it.
I actually didn't pay attention to the video I posted. There was another part of the lesson where he was sitting on the front outside corner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28