fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
so far this season, we have sold Gold Canyon Candles, Jamba Juice coupons, and are going to sell pies this month from Village Inn, first two were very successful.

Butter braids were a FABULOUS fundraiser for us....large profit margin! We also sold flip flops. T-shirts are always a great seller if you make sure they are either sex oriented. Our school is fixing to crank out shirt sales, but they are geared towards girls. Last year, they had a company design uni-sex shirts, sold long and short sleeve, and they sold really well. However, with shirts, you don't have much money coming back. Not sure about your area, but if I were you, I would for sure google Butter Braids - I'm telling ya, can't go wrong!!! :) Good luck!

Mar 13, 2010
We do what are refered to as '100s' boards. You get a large piece of cardboard and put 100 numbers on it, in squares. You sell each square for $2 and the prize is $100. You make $99 profit. (the $1 for the board!) You can also do this as 50 boards.

Very cheap way to fundraise.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
When organizing anything that involves drawing a number or playing poker, please check your local gaming regulations. You don't want to do anything illegal. :)

Running a weekend tournament and having a great concession stand, is the best fundraiser to get the most money, that I know of.

Jun 25, 2009
Ditto on the tournament idea

We had a 1 day 8 team 5GG with concession and gate. Cleared right at $2,000. I do a couple of things on the side like a NFL survivor pool and a MLB race to 13 pot that splits 50-50 with the team. Those did pretty good, but since I am not up on my local gaming laws, I won't mention them. Do those laws apply to fantasy football too?????

Apr 8, 2010
Do those laws apply to fantasy football too?????

if they do apply, i'm filing for the gambling loss with the way my fantasy team and football picks are going this year!!

last year i looked into this for our teams' mouse races. i was told that since we were talking small potatoes, the laws really didn't apply. plus its not like we were running a gambling ring or something like that. and we weren't a registered entity, either (not sure if that had anything to do with it). not sure if that would have anything to do with it. im in MO, but its prob a good idea to check your local laws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee