Fundraising...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2008
South Florida
My DD did her first fundraiser with her college team and I am blown away at how much they raised. I recommend this only be for the older age groups if your team has the opportunity to do this. Her team went to the season opener for the Miami Dolphins in the parking lot at 10 am and hit up the tail-gaters for donations. The girls all went in their practice uniforms and found that people are very generous when they are tail-gating;). The girls were there only 2 hours and made over 1000.00$$ so that is a quick and easy way to raise money for your team if you have that opportunity!!

May 27, 2008
Here's one we did for the High School season last year

FootballMania - a unique fundraiser based on the excitement of football

I think we raised about 10,000 or so between football and baseball mania.

It's one of the those that seemed too good to be true but actually was true.

In brief -

You sell a ticket for 20.00 and keep 14.00 of each ticket sold.

The tickets aren't called gambling but they kind of are.

We really cleaned up on the football season. Each ticket has a number of different prize levels. 500.00 for first, 200.00 for second, and so on.

The ticket holder has three teams that are in play each week. The prizes are decided by the final scores of the games.

Each ticket has a 1 in 48 chance of winning. We had a few 500.00, a 200.00, a couple of 25.00 dollar winners.

It was actually kind of fun to keep track of.

May 27, 2008
Check into Applebees as well for doing a pancake breakfast. I know they all did them in our area. Sell tickets for whatever you want ( say 7.00 dollars ) your girls serve and help cleanup, along with parent supervisors. They provided eggs, pancakes, juice, and coffee.

You keep all of the money ! It only takes about two hours to do and they're done on Saturday mornings. Great program from Applebees and a nice way to give back to the community.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Here is what I bought from other kids, just this week.

Boy Scouts - I box of 15 packs of popcorn. $15.00 I will use it.

Varsity football - a discount card to Sonic, Papa John's, etc. Most offers are buy one get one free. $20.00 I will not use it. I would rather hand them $10.00, but I figured the poor kid had to sell a certain amount.

Aug 2, 2008
pre-carved pumpkins

We are selling pre-carved pumpkins for $10.00 a piece. Each player got 5 order forms so at the most we will have 50 to carve. We have a pretty easy carving template, and with 10 kids and parents cleaning and carving it should go fast. We figure to clear at least $8.00 a pumpkin. This is our first year fundraising, and this sounded like a unique idea, plus it is a good team builder. I will let you know how it works out.

Mike

Jul 28, 2008
We are selling pre-carved pumpkins for $10.00 a piece. Each player got 5 order forms so at the most we will have 50 to carve. We have a pretty easy carving template, and with 10 kids and parents cleaning and carving it should go fast. We figure to clear at least $8.00 a pumpkin. This is our first year fundraising, and this sounded like a unique idea, plus it is a good team builder. I will let you know how it works out.

Mike

I'll take one. Do you deliver to WA state?

Aug 2, 2008
Ha Ha, we actually live in Lewis County, WA. The gas up to Sno. county might kill our profit margin. I can mail you one!:D

Mike

Oct 8, 2008
Long Island, NY
we have a local comedy club in our area. They sell us 120 tickets for $120. The tickets have a face value of $20. You can see them for $10-$15 each we sell them for 2/$25 its a night out for the adults and the team makes over $1300 for the night. Plus the also let us run a 50/50 that night at the club during the show...

We sold smoked butts in the fall for our HS team and did really well. We sold butter braids around the holidays for $12/braid and made $5/braid. Those sold really, really well. We are selling them again around Easter. Google Butter Braids and if you have them in your area, I'd suggest those. It was, by far, the easiest fundraiser we have ever done! Also, if you have an artist in your midst....hobby stores sell unpainted round wooden pieces (larger than a half dollar). Paint them on both sides with your school/team logo. Drill a small hole in the center to run ribbon thru for a necklace. After they are "finished" (clear coated or modge podged), you can write the players' name on both sides, along with their number. They sell really well, too. Just some ideas...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478