Fun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am surprised I was not kicked out off DD's Team. Did a lot of stuff which was strange in any world let alone today.

It is 150 degrees out with no clouds, just miserable. DD''s game is at 3, urr. We spent all morning filling water balloons which we put in coolers with ice.

Towards end of game I put a cooler in opposing dugout, AC caught me dang it. Rightful so she questioned me. You will see.

Game over, our players started throwing balloons at their dugout. AC says shoot that is what the cooler is for. They started firing back. Absolutely chaos.

There were 3 games going on, in hindsight maybe a bad idea but it was fun. You could see players on other Teams wanted to join, coaches not so happy.

I think this is a serious game, DD put a lot of effort into it. Broken foot, hand. Needs to be fun. Her crying on home ride home is just great.y

Anything you have done to make it fun?

Jun 26, 2019
Water balloons for BP was a hit.

trick plays are fun for the girls and it gets them thinking about the rules and strategy.
One of our girls on my younger Dds team (very young 12u) came up with an idea for a trick play. In a tie game with less than two outwo runners on she said send them both one right after the other in close enough succession that the catcher can not apply two tags quickly enough. That is a little fun, mildly amusing, but next week it is going to go to the next level of sibling rivalry. My older DD (first year 14) is going to come to practice to “Give the younger girls practice stealing bases against a catcher that can throw better than they are used to” So I am throwing my older Dd completely under the bus, to see if this play they came up with works. With the younger girls catching, they couldn’t make two tags even when they knew it was coming as long as the spacing between the runners was correct. Sounds like an absolute blast… for me to watch the know it all big sis get burned.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have had mixxed results with parents vs. Players.

If anyone will give me thier time, they are recruited to help at practice. I do not care if you never picked a ball up before.

Some parents were too competitive for my liking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45