FSU player pulled for error?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Not sure I saw it right but it looked like the FSU right fielder got pulled after making an error that turned a single to a three base error, giving Auburn a runner at third with no outs and handing them the game.

Again just seems really odd to pull a senior player in game that has made one error all year for something like that, granted the coach can do whatever she wants but I would call that pretty classless, the team had made more than their share of errors all series long and then on what is most probably the last inning for the team she calls out one player basically saying "I don't have confidence in you anymore, you don't give us the best chance to win this game, your fours years starting here where nice but you just cost us this game go sit on the bench."

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2013
Just giving coach benefit of doubt, maybe he put someone with a better arm in the even of a pop out to left.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
All outfielders and their parents need to watch that game whenever they wonder why their DD is not playing infield. Auburn's Victoria Draper made the ESPN play of the day with a diving catch that saved two runs, while FSU's F8 made a two base error that was key in Auburn's win.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/NCAASoftball/videos/10153775888729372/[/video]

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It has been routine for FSU to pull outfielders and send Lauren Harris to the outfield. I do not think this was as much a punishment as a strategic, albeit late defensive change.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
All outfielders and their parents need to watch that game whenever they wonder why their DD is not playing infield. Auburn's Victoria Draper made the ESPN play of the day with a diving catch that saved two runs, while FSU's F8 made a two base error that was key in Auburn's win.

About 10 years ago had a young play for us who was a very accomplished infielder and budding pitcher. Her dad shows up at a practice and loudly chides her, "What are you doing at short stop? You need to be in the outfield where the athletes play!" Her dad was Ken Griffey Junior. :)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I was watching that game. That right fielder had played so well all season for them all season and she gets pulled because an error turned a single into a triple. I don't understand the move on Florida State's part. If she had been making errors and little miscues throughout...then OK, I can see it. But not on one botched play...I'm sorry.

Sep 29, 2014

but what if the coach had got mad at her and pulled her for basically doing the same thing a few innings earlier she mis played a routine single broke the wrong way and basically gave up what was scored as a triple but anyone who watched knew it was her error...then she would not have been in the game to make that catch would she ;)

Sep 29, 2014
It has been routine for FSU to pull outfielders and send Lauren Harris to the outfield. I do not think this was as much a punishment as a strategic, albeit late defensive change.

Well if you need her for defense then I guess you should have been smart enough to put her in at the beginning of the inning.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Well if you need her for defense then I guess you should have been smart enough to put her in at the beginning of the inning.

I hear what you are saying, but they did not need to make the switch until after the error occurred and the situation became very different. No error, no switch would have been needed. She has been in the outfield for her stick, not her glove. If Harris could hit like her she would have started every game. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812