FSU is picking the signals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My second pick was:

d5c006cc-0649-549c-a2d8-864b4dd9fd5e.image.jpg

Jun 11, 2013
If teams are using wrist bands it's pretty hard to break every teams code. I'm guessing that their scouts have figured out some way that pitchers or Catchers are tipping pitches.

Nov 4, 2015
I think FSU is putting more pressure on teams. Fouts had a ton of stikeouts on friday night and the batters kept taking daddy hacks. FSU puts the ball in play. They are getting a lot of ground ball hits. Oklahoma has statistically one of the top defenses in college softball. They also, I am assuming, have far fewer opportunities because they played a ton of run rule games where opposing teams were out of it in the second inning and just swinging for the fences in the hopes they could catch up. Oklahoma is great, but when you realize they have lost as many games in the WCWS as the did all year, you know the level of their competition has gone up. They may come back and win the next 2 against FSU, but FSU is fun to watch play.

Jul 22, 2015
If teams are using wrist bands it's pretty hard to break every teams code. I'm guessing that their scouts have figured out some way that pitchers or Catchers are tipping pitches.
I agree. It's virtually impossible to "break" the code on the randomly generated wristband cards because there is no "code" to break. Pitches are given random numbers without regard to what pitch it is. The high-level teams have multiple cards per pitcher and many generate new, randomized cards for each game. This doesn't even take into account switching cards in the same game while still using the same numbers. They may very well be picking pitchers from pitcher's tendencies, but I highly doubt it's from the signs.

Jul 5, 2016
Maybe the FSU pitching coach is listening to Hillhouse and avoiding the high cheese - riseball, ramp riseball, fastball or whatever.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
One thing I have noticed is that FSU hitters do not seem to chase the riseball as often. I dont know if they know when it is coming or if they are just more selective.

Jun 8, 2016
I agree. It's virtually impossible to "break" the code on the randomly generated wristband cards because there is no "code" to break. Pitches are given random numbers without regard to what pitch it is. The high-level teams have multiple cards per pitcher and many generate new, randomized cards for each game. This doesn't even take into account switching cards in the same game while still using the same numbers. They may very well be picking pitchers from pitcher's tendencies, but I highly doubt it's from the signs.
Most random numbers are generated by a deterministic algorithm so they are not truly random...just saying :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802