FSU is picking the signals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
FSU, a team with a regular season batting average of .268, is slicing and dicing the best pitchers in the NCAA.

I'm not saying what FSU is doing is illegal...I'm saying that the current pitch calling system used by the college coaches is broken.

It is time to let the catchers and pitchers call the game.

Jul 5, 2016
Are you positive FSU has broken the code? I noticed in a previous game vs. JMU, they had to pull Nicole May because JMU got her measure and were starting to T-off on her. And after the pitching change last night, FSU's batters were brought under control.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
FSU, a team with a regular season batting average of .268, is slicing and dicing the best pitchers in the NCAA.

I'm not saying what FSU is doing is illegal...I'm saying that the current pitch calling system used by the college coaches is broken.

It is time to let the catchers and pitchers call the game.
It is easy enough to do. I taught my catchers to call a game but I also called pitches. The thing is, we had a system where we tapped heads to change who was calling pitches. This system also involved telling the pitcher to call the pitch she/he wanted to throw. It only takes a few times of being wrong for the wheels to fall of for coaches/players signaling pitches. I am also not calling out FSU and simply stating that there can be a very easy way of changing who calls pitches.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478