Frustration

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2019
My daughter was in the same position. We played a LL fall season that was mixed minor and major league. 9-12 yrs old. She outclassed most of these kids just from her experience on TB. But all we wanted was mound time. She was the only pitcher on the team and it did wonders for her. She pitched all season and it built her confidence tremendously. Now she is pitching more in TB. Rec league is an option

TB coach does not want us to play league this spring but we are. From not until then we will stick with TB as at least she is having fun and learning.

Nov 11, 2019
As a coach and parent., I understand both sides. Don’t rush her on the mound in TB until she is ready. The competition is much better than rev ball and could kill her confidence. She needs to pitch in practice( if coach won’t do that, move on) she needs to develope. It would be in his best interest to work with her and develope her

Nov 11, 2019
I have been in the exact situation. The only difference is the all three TB coaches also coach together in league. We don’t travel much during league ball

Nov 6, 2019
As a coach and parent., I understand both sides. Don’t rush her on the mound in TB until she is ready. The competition is much better than rev ball and could kill her confidence. She needs to pitch in practice( if coach won’t do that, move on) she needs to develope. It would be in his best interest to work with her and develope her

I would be fine with her pitching in practice. We do not see live arm in practice. Practice is twice a week, once is a fielding session, and the other is a cage session off the tee, soft toss and then pitching machine.

To me this is a mistake, as our pitchers only see batters in tournaments and our batters only see live arm in tournaments.

Nov 11, 2019
I agree. We do fielding and batting cage(tee work and pitching machine. But we always save time for mini scrimmage. All of our pitchers pitch to a few batters. We split our pitchers and catchers between teams.

Nov 11, 2019
My girl struggles with hitting and that holds her back some. So I get your frustration. But she understands how important it is to be effective all around. Again, that’s why we still play league ball.

Nov 6, 2019
My girl struggles with hitting and that holds her back some. So I get your frustration. But she understands how important it is to be effective all around. Again, that’s why we still play league ball.
Mine does as well. I bought the blast motion sensor and she now goes out on her own and sets her phone up and hits off the tee. The phone announces her bat speed and that gives her motivation to work hard as she enjoys trying to beat her fastest numbers. But we also take her to the batting coach to keep her form correct.

He measured her exit velocity the other day and had a few in the 60's and one at 78.

Nov 11, 2019
The blast is an awesome tool. We use it as well. We also go to a hitting coach. We go through the bunt thing as well, and I’m one of her coaches. But that has kept her in the lineup and now she is effective when we need her to bunt.

Sep 29, 2014
TB coach does not want us to play league this spring but we are. From not until then we will stick with TB as at least she is having fun and learning.
Definitely play league regardless of what coach says unless he will be doing a full schedule during that time which would involve your daughter pitching a pool game every other weekend, even still rec would get you a game or two a week.

Don't sorry so much about pitching in practice as a coach I did it but usually only sparingly and not batting practice. If we did a simulated game once through the lineup was enough, IMO.

Nov 11, 2019
I agree, but our pitchers usually pitch to 3 or 4 batters to stay fresh. This is great for our pitchers we are developing. Not as important for our starters. New pitchers need to pitch to batters to see where they are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478