Frustration with composite bats - material inside breaks apart far too soon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
To be fair about that broken LXT above, NO telling how many thousands of hits were on that bat? I was throwing her front toss and she had just hit 5 or 6 out in a row, I heard it and said look at your bat! She was sick.....that LXT was a rocket launcher! Don’t think we ever had another as good?

Apr 28, 2014
DD has broken both ghost and lxt.. that light blue one above.
Both replaced quickly and no questions. I'd rather see girls use aluminum bats :) DD pitches.. but I get it. It's a cost of the game. Very few sports have low cost of equipment. A few years back DD was learning to slap I picked up, on ebay an old Rip It neon green bat. That was purported to be one of the hottest bats around. It hit about 25 feet shorter than the lxt or ghost. Bat technology is amazing and with it comes research and production costs.
"Take my money"!

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Weird. My dd, considered a power hitter by her college coaches in a large conference, was handed a new LXT in August and hit approximately 11 billion pitched softballs and another 11 billion machine balls out of 3 different kinds of machines. She then brought the bat home at Thanksgiving and hit 5 days a week here. Bat is still launching rockets as of last Saturday.

Since she broke her last Xeno, which corresponded almost to the day with when the first Ghost came out, she has had two Ghosts in her bag then two GA’s. Yeah, I sent a few back but I am pretty sure I only actually paid for 2 or 3 grey ASA ghosts and exactly 2 Advanced’s. (I have a new in wrapper Advanced and a low hits Advanced that will go one EBay as soon as it looks like bats are moving again so I will likely get quite a bit of my money back out of them.) In fact, I was reimbursed by Visa card for the last Xeno and at least one Ghost after they broke outside of manufacturers warranty ran out because I kept copies of my original receipt and my credit card statement. I would have never paid for a grey Ghost if I had been better about keeping credit card statements.

DD never liked the practice bat vs game bat plan. With a few exceptions she swung one bat until it died and pulled out the second bat while I warranted the next bat. I always knew I might have to make a mad dash to get a new bat and have it FedEx’d to my house or a hotel but that never happened.

Bats break. They ALWAYS have broken. I worked with some people whose dd was a big deal hitter in college. While she was in high school, she eventually broke every Easton Stealth they could find and shredded a few Xenos after that.

In this day and age you are probably going to have to buy two bats if your dd plays a lot. Find a LEGIT dealer such as CoreSoftball Sales so you know you are getting a warranty. Pay with a credit card. Put the receipt for the bat and the credit card statement in a safe place. Save the box it came in. Know you are going to have to call the manufacturer and politely request/cajole/worry about the warranty at some point. Easton sent me a new bat every time I needed one, including during the pandemic. Some were out of warranty. Multiple bats in a year- not one replacement per bat. Then, when I had been smart enough to print and save my cc receipt, I would get reimbursed by Visa for the bat when it broke outside of warranty. I have posted about that many times.

I have been listening to parents fuss for years about this stuff. If your dd plays softball, she is going to break bats. Complaining about it isn’t a plan. Get a plan to deal with it and roll on.

Some outstanding looking advice here.

Dec 11, 2010
From a PM exchange just in case someone is looking for more info on the warranty deal through Visa for after the bats manufacturer warranty...

Link:

Extended Warranty Protection
Learn everything you need to know about extended warranty with Visa. Find out how warranty protection works, limitations, claims and much more.
usa.visa.com
usa.visa.com

Its a truly awesome thing that people aren’t aware of. Bats are covered under “sports equipment “. It takes a little time but it’s really worth it. You don’t have to do anything up front other than keep the purchase receipt and the credit card statement and go online to print the manufacturers warranty.

Since bats have a one year warranty they are covered for an additional year.

I need to print out my card statements for the year for all of my purchases- I’m going to try to take advantage of this as much as possible for all kinds of products. The statements get purged after a year or 16 months or something like that

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
From a PM exchange just in case someone is looking for more info on the warranty deal through Visa for after the bats manufacturer warranty...

Link:

Extended Warranty Protection
Learn everything you need to know about extended warranty with Visa. Find out how warranty protection works, limitations, claims and much more.
usa.visa.com
usa.visa.com

Its a truly awesome thing that people aren’t aware of. Bats are covered under “sports equipment “. It takes a little time but it’s really worth it. You don’t have to do anything up front other than keep the purchase receipt and the credit card statement and go online to print the manufacturers warranty.

Since bats have a one year warranty they are covered for an additional year.

I need to print out my card statements for the year for all of my purchases- I’m going to try to take advantage of this as much as possible for all kinds of products. The statements get purged after a year or 16 months or something like that

Is this a blanket warranty for all Visa cards or certain types of Visa cards?

May 20, 2015
those sprites were great at 10u.......once the girls stopped needing -11s, the bats started breaking - but my god they were great bats - not only that but i sold about 6 of them on ebay and pretty much got what i paid for them back every time, a couple were used for a year, sold on ebay, and we got MORE than what we paid new....haha

just to be a contrarian - we are on 13 months with DDs ghost advanced - i bought her a beater LXT to use for practice, but i know damned well she's using the ghost more often than not; one disadvantage of closed practices during covid lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449