Frustration with composite bats - material inside breaks apart far too soon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2010
Batting practice is soft toss
Know exactly how far ball goes when hit 100 balls per day

Can easily tell performing bat from nonperforming

The scam...is that its about the bats as much as the girls sometimes. The switch was to make softball more exciting....a long ball game....a spectator sport.....$. Give them wood bats and get back to fundamentals....no one want to watch. No marketing, no products.

At the core, its about $.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are right, bats have changed the game. You don't even have to make good contact to hit one. But its def all
about attendance and spectatorship.
I mean, for a lot of people, the 1-0 games just don't appeal to them. They had to bring more offense to the game.
Not saying a 1-0 game is bad or good, just that for the casual softball fan, they like offense. They understand that and
its fun to watch for them.

Jun 16, 2010
Nobody asked bat companies to change the game.

They figured out how to get every youth player...boy and girl...to give them $300/yr ftom age 10-18. About
$2400 each.

And wonder why no lower income kids play this game.

When i was a kid....teams had the same Al bats....for years. No one had their own bats. Bigger kids could still hit HR with wood bats too.....in little league on up.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
LOTR...gotta wake up...if they didnt want the game changed, the assoc's would make it so the bats
werent legal. THEY make the standards...not the bat companies. You're not paying attention if you dont
think the assoc's wanted more offense. Its all about viewers and attendance. And the schools
LOVE the money that comes with swinging these bats. And parents love seeing their kids
hit with great bats.

This isnt 1970 or whatever still. Things change and so do the games. No game is the same as it
was 40 years ago. Games and the thought process behind playing the games evolve.

Again, they figured out how to make people give them money...hahaha. You dont have to buy any bat.
YOU can buy the cheapest bat out there if you choose to. Nobody is "making" you do anything.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I must have the worst luck then. My dd broke a few Mizuno F19/F20s, I think they were called Power Carbons. None of the Power Carbons lasted more than a month. That was over a year ago, she was still playing 10u at that time.

Last year she broke 2 ASA Ghosts, and two Ghost Advanced bats. The first Ghost Advanced lasted about 3 months, the warranty Ghost Advanced lasted 2 weeks and they would not authorize another replacement bat.

She has had much better luck with her Demarini CF series bats. Not saying that the Demarini bats did not break but we did get 18+ months out of the original and warranty replacement.

IMO, the Ghost bats have the best pop but they have not lasted very long.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I talked to a guy who broke 10 CF Sprites in one year...Demar just kept sending him more. He told
me his dd hits baseballs for practice at home. Well, no surprise you're breaking bats.

You also dont hear the full story behind some breaks as well. Just like the guys trying to sell bats on ebay...always multiply the amount of swings they say by 10...hahaa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802