Front Toss Vid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Overall she pretty good. I like she has a hard take on dad's bad pitches and every thing she hits is in the air. Even the low pitches she gets airborne. That tells me she knows what she is doing. She stays inside the ball well. I do think she comes out of her posture prematurely (stands up) on some. The one pitch that was up and in she hit very well because she didn't have time come out of her posture. Coming out of her posture may be a timing issue. She does hit the ball way out in front. Like to see her hit faster live pitching.
Note: See her tee swing where she stays in her posture. That's a real good swing.
That being said don't turn that .400 hitter into a .200 hitter by tinkering too much.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I do think she comes out of her posture prematurely (stands up) on some.
yes - good observation. This has been a chronic issue that we continually try and work on.
Her head is a lot more stable now, than it was say a year ago.
But she does still tend to "post-up" on that front leg and drift up and onto it.

She does hit the ball way out in front.
another goal we are striving for is to let the ball travel a bit deeper, and to learn to hit oppo with some power vs. a slicing action.
That was not the focus of this particular session, however.

Like to see her hit faster live pitching.
There is a bunch of in-game at-bats on her channel, if you care to look deeper.

Last edited:
May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
She stays inside the ball well.
[...]
She does hit the ball way out in front.

aren't these two aspects mutually exclusive?

I say that, because "staying inside" and "letting ball get a bit deeper" is something that we have to consciously think about,
otherwise she is a "dead pull" hitter, for the most part.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
yes - good observation. This has been a chronic issue that we continually try and work on.
But she does still tend to "post-up" on that front leg and drift up and onto it.

another goal we are striving for is to let the ball travel a bit deeper, and to learn to hit oppo with some power vs. a slicing action.

I was wondering if she stays in her posture better at game speed. Kinda look like losing her posture because it is just dear ole dad throwing front toss. What channel? Howe do I tune in?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

She gets fyb but not with dynamic balance.. IOW's she passes through the position.. If she learns how to sit into her legs while getting forward should help her with the ball getting deeper.

Bonds getting into position vs passing through it which allows him to go the other way or turn on it.

WilWtlj.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She gets fyb but not with dynamic balance.. IOW's she passes through the position.. If she learns how to sit into her legs while getting forward should help her with the ball getting deeper.

Bonds getting into position vs passing through it which allows him to go the other way or turn on it.

WilWtlj.gif

maybe early hip extension. Losing space as she launches. I see a push w the bat as well. Maybe caused by the EHE?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478