Front Toss Vid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Glad that you included the end shot of the HR off of the tee. In my opinion, the tee swing is an entirely different swing and much better. Here are the two things that I see and continue to work on with my DD.

1. Bat path is completely different in tee swing vs. front toss swing. Tee swing is inside out - the barrel is behind the ball early and works along the imaginary pitch path. In the front toss swings, the path is down and across. This may be because...

2. On the tee swing she stays more in her backside. She is more clearly working around the posted front leg in the front toss. This will change her posture in relation to her arms and make the path of the tee swing nearly impossible.

BONUS: Let's see a windmill on that pitch. Back it up 5 feet and learn the internal rotation release in the pitching thread. It will take you about 15 minutes to learn. Super easy. Picks up speed and consistency in the pitch. She will love it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You guys should to go to her channel and see some live ABs. She has exceptional eye hand coordination. Her swing is not perfect but if you are going to change anything I would do it one thing at a time and very slowly with gentle suggestions. I also agree with Ihowser said " Bat path is completely different in tee swing vs. front toss swing. " She does not need a swing overhaul. Little better posture and balance.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCyXxFE114n83YOJGiVpO9GQ

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
You guys should to go to her channel and see some live ABs. She has exceptional eye hand coordination. Her swing is not perfect but if you are going to change anything I would do it one thing at a time and very slowly with gentle suggestions. I also agree with Ihowser said " Bat path is completely different in tee swing vs. front toss swing. " She does not need a swing overhaul. Little better posture and balance.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCyXxFE114n83YOJGiVpO9GQ

Agreed. I just checked it out. Some great game footage there and some big plays and great running after the hit.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
You guys are brutal! (not DD's hitting, but my pitching....lol)

DD had a good weekend at Team NJ Fall Showcase:
7AB, 3R, 3H, 2HR, 3RBI, 0BB, 1SO

Links to the 2 HR's:

https://youtu.be/8ZhnjBS1eUk
(I apologize for the camera angle!)

(I was also filming from the OF on this one, so I figured out how to split-screen and synch the vids)

Thank you for the insightful comments, all.
I do agree that her recent front-toss swings in the vid are too much "rotational" and "around" type bat paths.
Will break things down this winter and get her back to something more like that sweet tee-swing.
I do agree the key is in the hip action and staying in her legs more...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802