Front knee flexion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Should her knee be doing something different than what's shown in the video?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Ok, what I see is her front hip moves away from the pitcher as her front knee straightens. Just about perfect. The fact her knee rebends after contact may result in some deduction in style points but it matters little because the ball was crushed. Oh wait, there is no style points in softball. She almost has a little scissor action going on there. She is not one legged and has a noticeable slide/weight shift. I have no idea who this is but this is a nice swing.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ok, what I see is her front hip moves away from the pitcher as her front knee straightens. Just about perfect. The fact her knee rebends after contact may result in some deduction in style points but it matters little because the ball was crushed. Oh wait, there is no style points in softball. She almost has a little scissor action going on there. She is not one legged and has a noticeable slide/weight shift. I have no idea who this is but this is a nice swing.

It’s just a swing, nothing about made me post it to show anything specific.

She is one legged though, weight is back.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Looks like the back leg is in control. The stride is soft, a little reach, stride to toe touch keeping the foot from planting. Good launch position. Weight is always back at launch.

6FC435DA-2BE4-471C-8659-0C65F3E391D1.gif

DCB542A3-A729-445D-805D-EEB33638F781.gif

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Looks like the back leg is in control. The stride is soft, a little reach, stride to toe touch keeping the foot from planting. Good launch position. Weight is always back at launch.

She does reach some with the front leg. She could pick up the front knee more, and push with the back leg slightly more, and land on a more bent front knee.

Her knee is bent, just not bent as much as it could be.

Not a bad swing overall. A couple of tweaks could make it even better.

She could prob. coil inward a little more as she goes forward to prevent her front leg straightening action making her hip go up vs. around - just prior to contact. (this is the same issue for golfers and baseball pitchers, and prob for tennis)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Efast

So, what is your take on the front leg/knee function? Are you looking to drive rotation? Looking for a bent front knee to create extension to power the swing?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom