Front Forearm

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Always thought your front arm is the aimer and back arm the hammer. Also, the bat should be an extension of your lead arm. Heard a coach telling a student to align his lead forearm to the inside corner and adjust his forearm the the any pitch away. Thoughts?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Barry Bonds once stated that the bat is an extension of the lead arm. I believe there is a video on youtube where he talks about this, but I cannot access that site from work...

Jan 28, 2017
On an ordinary swing, the front arm doesnt do anything but hold on.

If right handed point your lead elbow towards first bast and swing. Hard to have a good swing. IMO, if you get the knob to the catchers feet your lead forearm/elbow covers the inside strike and you can work out and the forearm can align.

Jan 28, 2017
Barry Bonds once stated that the bat is an extension of the lead arm. I believe there is a video on youtube where he talks about this, but I cannot access that site from work...

Agree. I had never thought about aligning the lead elbow to the pitch. Always taught cut it with the knob, which gets the same results. Thinking- for the kids that pull off the ball it may help if they are trying to align the forearm/elbow before launching

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Agree. I had never thought about aligning the lead elbow to the pitch. Always taught cut it with the knob, which gets the same results. Thinking- for the kids that pull off the ball it may help if they are trying to align the forearm/elbow before launching

When working on one arm drills, it is one of my focuses on the lead side. But not something I do often. I agree that the slicing action will typically create the same result. Different people focus on different things...

Jan 28, 2017
Have a student that always has the lead elbow to high and dumps the barrel. Thinking this may help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45