Freshman Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
ok, Think we will stick to Springer

She has a hard move forward. Springer has a tight coil, stays back. I would say she has hip slide. This happens because she is move forward harder and everything goes forward together. That violates the missing frames or ONA, think connection between the two pivot points. Take the slack out.

No, no this swing is a Dye I have from a HR derby. Just trying to get it off one copy from the vault. For some reason the email didn’t come through.

Be back.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

LC hip slides some here but doesn’t carry her hands with her as much when she does it.

She did ok with that swing (some would say its a poor swing, or at least not a HOF swing) :D

Started all 61 games at first base ... led the nation in home runs (30), home runs per game (0.49), slugging percentage (1.113) and runs per game (1.43), ranked second in OBP (.613) and RBI per game (1.38), fourth in walks per game (1.03) and eighth in batting average (.458) ..

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
As Pattar said, how do we know if this is just a timing thing?
It might have something to do with timing and if that swing was her hitting a CU during a game I would love it. But I think she started doing this in attempt to increase her exit velo. (dumb dad with a pocket radar causing the problem) She is working on it. She didn't always do this so I think she can fix it. She might be able to get away with it but I don't want her head moving that much after launch. Still head, quiet eyes, see the ball better.

"Why does she have to bend her knee"? So she can leverage both legs.

"In baseball pitching, any hitting, and golf, you must 'land' on a bent front leg."

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Rolling hard

Yes trying to increase EV might be the cause of the hard move. Instead of focusing on technique, she might be trying to create force in other manners. I think I have video of the first times I ever measured batspeed. Long swings.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This isn’t a perfect frame rate match, my old stuff was created differently. It does show that she has slop as the hands wait, swings around the body. It’s the slop that make her swing look sluggish in real time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802