Free Classifieds??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
Why doesn't this web site have a free classified section for softball training equipment?

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is a fair question. Let me tell you why.

I have been online since 1995 and I have been on numerous message boards.

I have noticed that the quality of discussions on many boards have gone down when the number of classified-type post has increased.

Most of these posts are classified ads for team seeking players or advertising a tryouts, for people looking to buy or sell equipments or for a team, for organizations holding camps, clinics, or tournaments, etc...

At the end of the day, they are time sensitive (once the bat is sold or that the tryouts or the camp is passed... they are meaningless) and they do very little to enrich the quality of the content and they are for only a very small percentage of the readers.

When I came up with the idea of this forum, i wanted the content to be almost ever green (still relevant a few years down the road) to make this a great long-term resource for players, parents, and coaches and wanted discussions that could be of interest for a high percentage of the readers.

That's why we decided not to have a section or to allow classified-type post on this forum.

There are already plenty of forums and places to post them and I felt it wouldn't enrich the site much.

It's been 10 months since we launched the site and I think this has been a good decision.

Marc :)

Apr 27, 2012
Any possibility of reconsidering this after a few years now that the site is well established? There has been gear that I would have been glad to pass along at less than eBay prices to forum members here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee